Click here to sign the petition:Earlier this year, the across-the-board budget cuts known as “sequestration” went into effect, immediately slashing $85 billion -- much of it coming straight out of programs that families all across America rely on.
As a member of the Senate Appropriations Committee, I have always advocated for a strong commitment to fiscal discipline and worked across the aisle to find responsible solutions. But sequestration is not the answer.
We cannot continue to tackle our nation’s budget problem by placing the burden on the most vulnerable Americans.
Join me and tell Congress to end sequestration now. Sign the petition here:These indiscriminate budget cuts will have a real impact on families right here in New Mexico. Like mandatory furloughs for federal workers, funding cuts to national laboratories like those in Los Alamos and Albuquerque, and cuts to education programs for children who need them most.
And what’s worse: obstructionists in the House want to keep these harmful cuts in place in next year’s budget.
Sequestration is no way to govern. It’s bad for our economy and it’s bad for middle class families.
Congress needs to come together to find a smart, bipartisan solution to our budget and to put a stop to sequestration. Sign the petition and help grow our grassroots network:
Thank you for all of your support,
Received this e-mail today from Senator Tom Udall (D. NM) regarding the sequester:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...99 comments 34 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...137 comments 222 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren wants Hillary Clinton to say "no" to Fast ...7 comments 19 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...62 comments 53 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...282 comments 441 Recs
- (image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...172 comments 298 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...46 comments 59 Recs
- Matt Bevin has apparently won the Kentucky GOP nod for governor by 83 votes. We were expecting a tight GOP gubernatorial primary in Kentucky, but not this tight! With all precincts reporting, tea ...17 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.