You can click here to donate to Shaheen, Hagan and Landrieu's campaigns:The Republicans in Washington have taken their vision for America to a dangerous new extreme.
They've tried to repeal health care reform 42 times. They've insisted on keeping in place a sequester that takes an axe to funding for Head Start, Meals on Wheels, and unemployment benefits. And now they've threatened to shut down the government if we don't make even more cuts.
To win these budget fights in the short-term, we need to fight back, together. And to win these budget fights in the long-term, we need to keep Democrats in control of the U.S. Senate.
Three Democratic women are up for re-election in 2014 -- Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire, Mary Landrieu of Louisiana, and Kay Hagan of North Carolina. All three have very tough campaigns ahead of them, and if they don't win, Democrats will have a MUCH harder time keeping control of the Senate.
You don't need to look any further than the House of Representatives to see how dangerous Republican control can be, and that's why I need your help protecting our Democratic women in the United States Senate. Please donate now to Jeanne, Mary and Kay's campaigns before their September 30th fundraising deadlines:Jeanne, Mary, Kay and I don't agree on every issue. But here's what makes the women of the Senate special: we still come together whenever we can to find real solutions to help working families.
Let me give you an example. After the Newtown shootings, we knew we needed to find common-sense gun reform solutions to keep our kids safe. Jeanne Shaheen, Mary Landrieu, and Kay Hagan all took tough votes to make sure another tragedy like Sandy Hook doesn't happen again. We didn't win, but I was deeply proud to stand with them on the day the Senate voted.
The Republicans and the powerful special interests think they can win in New Hampshire, Louisiana and North Carolina next year and are lining up against Jeanne, Mary and Kay. And if they succeed, not only could we lose their voices – we could lose control of the United States Senate.
I hope you will be there for Jeanne, Mary and Kay, just like you were there for me. That's how we won last November, and that's how we'll win in 2014.
Please donate to Jeanne Shaheen, Mary Landrieu and Kay Hagan before their important fundraising deadlines:
The only way we can stop the radical right-wing agenda is to protect Senators across the country who are willing to fight back.
Thank you for being a part of this,
Received a fundraising e-mail from the great Senator Elizabeth Warren (D. MA) who wants to make sure that not only Democrats keep control of the Senate but also assure that strong female Democratic Senators Mary Landrieu (D. LA), Kay Hagan (D. NC) and Jeanne Shaheen (D. NH) win their re-election races next year:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...22 comments 33 Recs
- [UPDATE] Thanks @HillaryClinton . Looking forward to debating the big issues: income inequality, climate change & getting big money out of politics. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 30, ...372 comments 277 Recs
- Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) ...77 comments 46 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Elise Stefanik On Tuesday, the DCCC launched a goofy little website targeting vulnerable House GOP freshmen, pairing them with pop songs from ostensible one-hit wonders (these guys are "one-term ...33 comments 15 Recs
- 356 comments 449 Recs
- Freddie Gray was killed by Baltimore's police. Baltimore's ghetto youthocracy responded with protests and an exhalation of random street violence. The killing of Freddie Gray, an unarmed black man ...222 comments 206 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...815 comments 536 Recs
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...15 comments 7 Recs
- How stupid is the right-wing media? Stupid enough ...45 comments 55 Recs
- No current results.