You can click here to add your name:When North Carolinians sent me to the U.S. Senate, they wanted me to work hard on their behalf. These days it seems like reckless lawmakers in the House think their constituents elected them to do harm rather than good.
These out-of-touch members forced a government shutdown because they couldn’t get their way. Even Republicans were against these tactics -- one of my Republican Senate colleagues even called this shutdown strategy the “dumbest idea” he’d ever heard. And now, families in North Carolina are the ones facing the consequences of lost pay, lost benefits, and damage to the economy if this goes on too long.
These hostage politics are driving our country from one economic cliff to the next -- and it has to end. Can you help me send that message to the Tea Partiers in Washington?
Tell the obstructionists to stop these tactics and work toward a sensible compromise to secure our economic recovery for middle class families. Add your voice to mine today.http://www.kayhagan.com/...
If every legislator did what these Tea Party members are doing right now -- held up essential business unless 100% of their demands were met -- nothing would ever get done.
Ours is a nation built on common-sense compromise. It’s the responsible way to govern. And we are tired of the brinksmanship continually putting our economy at risk.
If you are, too, join me -- show the Tea Party where you stand. Add your name today:
I’m working, as I always have, to do what is best for the families of North Carolina. And I can tell you flat out, this government shutdown, threatening to default on our debts, and lurching from crisis to crisis is not the answer.
Thank you for adding your voice to mine.
Received this e-mail from Senator Kay Hagan (D. NC) who is calling out the GOP's hostage politics:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...84 comments 34 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...135 comments 218 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren wants Hillary Clinton to say "no" to Fast ...7 comments 19 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...62 comments 53 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...276 comments 440 Recs
- (image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...172 comments 298 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...46 comments 58 Recs
- Matt Bevin has apparently won the Kentucky GOP nod for governor by 83 votes. We were expecting a tight GOP gubernatorial primary in Kentucky, but not this tight! With all precincts reporting, tea ...17 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.