Dems should protect, from "suppression" by Boehner and Cantor, the "rights", of Republican moderates to vote (and of big business to know their vote) on alternative resolutions to the current deadlock.
For this purpose, the Senate should send to the House (after nuking any related Republican filibuster on) several alternative bills while refusing to take any other action until Boehner or Cantor has permitted all Representatives to vote on them.
Having in mind that
Sequester...I would try to tilt the alternatives somewhat towards undoing the Sequester. Example alternatives could include:
= GDP & employment decline...
= 2014 election pain for Dems,
Alternative Bill 1:
• Medical device tax delayed;
• Debt ceiling law permanently repealed;
• Government funded for 1 year at pre-Sequester levels.
Alternative Bill 2:
• Government funded for 6 months at pre-Sequester levels;
• Debt ceiling raised for 1 year.
Alternative Bill 3:(If technically feasible, it would be ideal to send all these 3 bills simultaneously, containing provisions for only the 1 bill, that receives the highest approving House votes of the 3, to become law).
• Government funded for 1 year at Sequester levels;
• Debt ceiling law permanently repealed.