It is critical that we have a simple, short, easy way to communicate and understand analysis of this ridiculously stupid self-administered crisis to the American government and economy. I'm gonna try. I invite others to submit alternate explanations.
Please remember, this is not for people reading this blog, but for others we will talk to:
- This crisis is totally unnecessary and a creation of folks who want to undermine
American democracy, huge and powerful billionaires who are destroying the country.
- The Koch boys, Grover Norquist and the Club for Growth, and Heritage Action met
six months ago and planned this shutdown.
- 20 million people have already signed up or tried to sign up for Obamacare aka the
Affordable Care Act.
- The radical right-wingers in Congress tried to repeal Obamacare 42 times, but
couldn't. So they and their puppet masters, the plutocrats determined to defund it.
- These same radical right-wingers are trying extort the President and the American
people, drastically cut the budget and end Obamacare to raise the debt limit and
end the shutdown.
- Their actions are un-American. They are refusing to follow the Constitution and the
role of the Congress in running the American government.
- Using the authority of one branch of government to extort another (the President)
is treasonous and sets a very dangerous precedent.
- It is essential to the future of America that President Obama not give in to
extortion, that the Congress do its job and get America back to work.