...that Obama could have done this to them at anytime since 2010 and before. He could have called their shenanigans, played hard ball, "destroyed the GOP", and hurt their pride at any time. That he has now demonstrated that he has had this power gives more wait to the fact that he has bent over backwards to try and work with them. He's tried to "raise them right", but alas, there is only so much that one can do. Sooner or later you need to cast them off into the harsh world to succeed or fail on their own. Let's see if these brats can take this lesson to heart. They should proceed with much caution going forward.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by paxpi
- Next Tuesday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will deliver an unprecedented address to the United States Congress. Now, there's nothing new about Netanyahu inserting ...239 comments 93 Recs
- Just a quick diary to spread this wonderful video of Lawrence O'Donnell tonight. It's a must-see segment about what Sen. Reid did alone on the Senate floor today, a truly beautiful thing to watch as ...321 comments 647 Recs
- I was going to publish this earlier, but held back with the news that the House GOP may blow the whole thing up. However, after Markos's new front page diary where he states "The ONLY leverage ...392 comments 509 Recs
- Short NASA: "life," or at least organics, on Mars. Longer NASA: still not sure if they are Martian in origin or not. More research needed. Meet me over the Kos squiggly.120 comments 145 Recs
- Folks, I think we are depriving ourselves of one of the great Kosacks of all time by continuing the ban hammer on Fishgrease. He is one of, if not the only member here whose work was featured on ...767 comments 668 Recs
- A fragile truce (don't call it peace) has taken hold. Let's hope it lasts. I wrote the post below before the truce, but it's not particularly pegged to recent events. Indeed, it's a scaled down ...473 comments 445 Recs
- Shellshocked! One of Thursday's most attention-grabbing news stories was the slightly-sensational piece from CBS's Jan Crawford, that got unnamed campaign insiders to claim that Mitt Romney was " ...486 comments 292 Recs
- This week was a historic election for women, both on the ballot and at the ballot box. Women knew what was at stake and showed up at the polls in 2008-level numbers, making up 53% of the electorate .46 comments 156 Recs
- by Ileana Cintrón As for the results in Massachusetts, when the numbers are ratified, it is likely that turnout in 2012 ends up being higher than 2008. There were a significant number of split ...8 comments 6 Recs
- At the beginning of NBC's coverage last night, around 7pm-ish (ET) or so, they had Ezra Klein on, who made an amazing comment (which increased my internal stress levels about 1000%) He said that ...24 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.