You can click here to sign Franken's petition:Now that the government shutdown is over, we can finally get back to work -- and, boy, do we have a lot of work to do.
But even as we turn our attention back where it belongs -- to creating jobs, strengthening the middle class, and making college more affordable -- we can’t forget that House Republicans will do this again if we let them.
It’s time to draw a line in the sand. No more shutdowns. No more brinksmanship. No more manufactured crises.
Click here to sign a petition telling House Republicans: NO MORE NONSENSE!
The government shutdown cost our country $24 billion. The threat of default could have toppled our economy altogether. And all of this happened because a few politicians wanted to get rid of a law that helps make health care more affordable and hold insurance companies accountable.
I know it doesn’t make sense to think they’d try it again. But it didn’t make sense the first time. And while our grassroots movement helped to defuse the crisis this month by forcing House Republicans to back down, we need to keep organizing -- because we can’t afford to find out what would happen if they force another crisis in a few months.
Tell House Republicans: NO MORE NONSENSE. Sign my petition demanding an end to the shutdown politics!
“Don’t shut down the government for no good reason.” “Don’t destroy our economy because you’re mad about a law that helps people.” “Don’t cause chaos because you’re mad you didn’t win an election.”
These are things I never thought we’d have to say, even to Tea Party Republicans. But there’s a lot at stake. We can’t afford to let this happen again. And we need to organize now to send a clear message: NO MORE NONSENSE!https://mn.alfranken.com/...
P.S.: I want to get back to focusing on the things that matter to Minnesota families -- starting with helping grow our economy. But we have to put a marker down that we won’t stand for shutdown politics anymore. Click here to sign my petition!
Received this e-mail today from Senator Al Franken (D. MN):
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...99 comments 34 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...137 comments 222 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren wants Hillary Clinton to say "no" to Fast ...7 comments 19 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...62 comments 53 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...282 comments 441 Recs
- (image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...172 comments 298 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...46 comments 59 Recs
- Matt Bevin has apparently won the Kentucky GOP nod for governor by 83 votes. We were expecting a tight GOP gubernatorial primary in Kentucky, but not this tight! With all precincts reporting, tea ...17 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.