...that “is” is shown up as no more important than a conjunction. It might as well be “is not.”So words, when not capitalized in headlines, now take on the opposite of their true meaning. It's amazing the logic, or lack thereof, in these folks! Feel free to give Molly your opinion on her grammar lesson in the comments section.
The Corner's Molly Powell is complaining that the healthcare.gov website didn't capitalize the word "is" in the headline "The Healthcare Marketplace is Open", so obviously the website is actually closed:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by jgumby
- It all started with a Constitution that allowed slavery to continue unmolested in the Southern states, only limiting the importation of additional slaves after 1808. In addition to requiring the ...296 comments 425 Recs
- In an interview with Rolling Stone Magazine , Jon Stewart made the following comment: "Sean Hannity's probably the most loathsome dude at Fox News. Everything is presented in as devious a manner ...289 comments 445 Recs
- 251 comments 688 Recs
- 147 comments 182 Recs
- This week, former President Bill Clinton urged calm in the face of Washington's stand-off over the so-called fiscal cliff. "They are moving toward a deal," Clinton assured Americans, suggesting ...28 comments 83 Recs
- It's been good to hear that Barack Obama now feels less pressure to accept bad compromises following his successful re-election bid, but as we approach the coming 'fiscal cliff', my biggest ...41 comments 159 Recs
- Listen to just about any liberal speak about the budget and taxes these days, and it won't be long before you hear the phrase "The rich need to pay their fair share." This is one of those standard ...182 comments 325 Recs
- Cannot fold, spindle, mutilate, destroy or secede from. Period. Sometimes there are no words. At least, there seem to be no pithy ones available as a quick retort to the outright ignant ignorance ...208 comments 131 Recs
- Dick Morris last night, I think. Selected clips from his latest missive, from the top : I’ve got egg on my face. I predicted a Romney landslide and, instead, we ended up with an Obama squeaker.234 comments 264 Recs
- Speaking in Iowa today, Mitt Romney on what this election means to him, and to us: "And those things will determine the most important and intimate things in our lives, the lives of our homes, ...206 comments 48 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.