Naturalist Spirituality Tenets Handed down or heard around Canandaigua
Posted by dougstuber
1) Always make everyone in the tribe feels that their contribution to the tribe is the most VITAL to the continued success of the tribe. Even to its survival. The Chief would visit the man who tied the knots in the cat gut to form the left edge of lacrosse sticks. This man had a low mental capability, but if it were not for his good part of the sticks, the young men could not learn to be warriors,and if not for strong warriors, the tribe could be enslaved, or worse, wiped out. He would help the man in a welcoming spirit.
2) Follow your dreams. Those who do not follow their dreams can become a burden to themselves and others because they will be angry and frustrated by denying their true heart. Wake up and do as your dreams suggest you to do. Support those who are following their dreams.
3) All Living things are their own God. From the pebble and skipping stone to humans, everything has been given the power by the Creator to do certain things. Some grow strong and honor their abilities, others wither and die, thus wasting the opportunity they have as living things on this planet (the Turtle that flies through the universe). Honor the Creator and become as strong as you can,so that you might help others become strong. Be happy so that you might show others the importance of happiness. Respect every living thing. If you eat a deer or bear, pray for thanksgiving that you have taken the life of another of the Creator’s creatures just so you could stay alive. Honor this by using every single part of the slain God to further human life. Human beings are the highest life form. We have a responsibility to steward the land and the animals…the other Gods that live with us. A man who is cruel to animals will not make a good husband.
4) Life is half work and half play. Work hard and play hard. Having fun is a way of showing homage to God for the life you have been given. Have fun in public, so others can join.
5) Be generous.
6) Making life is the highest homage to the Creator. This continues the cycle. Making love is the highest prayer. Give thanks and pray every day.
7) When we die we go back to the Creator. Some with their heads held high, others in shame, for a bad life. All living things go back to the arms of the Creator when they die, because he created Human Beings, and is fully aware that some will do better than others. Still, the creator welcomes you home, so do good things and make the Creator happy to see you.
8) The three goddesses that feed us are Corn, Squash and Beans.
9) The family lines are traced back through the mother’s ancestry.
10) The chief are men,but ONLY women can vote on who will be chief. The reason for this is simple: a man can and will cut deals with groups of men in order to get their votes. This is not likely in a group of all women,even if a woman was running for leader. This is because women will publicly denounce anyone who is trying to win elections by making deals. Even more to the point: if a man walks into a house where the women are considering a vote, and tries to make a deal with a group of women, they would immediately speak up and accuse him of being a fraud,and he would stand no chance of winning. Only Women Shall Vote.
11) Large decisions require a meeting of all the tribes…usually at Bare Hill. Only a unanimous decision shall create a new way. If even one 12-year-old disagrees with the decision she should say why,and further discussion shall take place until everyone agrees.
12) Dedicate your life to helping others.
And then somehow I wrote this:
Ode to Horace Mann
Be ashamed to die until you have won
some victory for humanity. Horace Mann
Be aware that energy is life, save some for your kids.
Be afraid that our minds are bent by news not books.
Be awed by the healing power of the simple purple cone flower.
Be amazed that after four short years she knows so much.
Be awake before the bombs drop, before the money rules.
Be agile: live in a town that walks and bikes to work and play.
Be amused by ants and birds, goats and potato fields, lilacs and sycamores.
Be angry only long enough to solve the problem, then move on.
Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.
Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment | Edit