Republicans pressed four contractors appearing before the House Energy and Commerce Committee on why they had told Congress in September that everything was on track, only to go off the rails in October. GOP lawmakers said both the contractors and the administration had not been forthcoming about the looming failure of the pivotal piece of President Barack Obama’s signature domestic achievement. [...]None of which really helps get HealthCare.gov work better, or make it easier for would-be consumers to get the health insurance they've been waiting for since the law passed. Of course not. That's not why Republicans had this hearing, or any of the inevitable multitude of future ones.
Committee chairman Fred Upton (R-Mich) said the central question was accountability.
“Over the months leading up to the Oct. 1 launch, top administration officials and lead contractors appeared before this committee, looked us in the eye and assured us repeatedly that everything was on track,” Upton said. “Except that it wasn’t, as we now know too well.”
Thursday's "monkey court" posing as a House Energy and Commerce Committee Obamacare oversight hearing ostensibly focused on the contractors responsible for creating the HealthCare.gov website, but what it of course really was was an attempt by Republicans to pretend they care about the implementation of the law they've tried to repeal more than 40 times, with a good bit of administration bashing thrown in.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
eeff, Eyesbright, marina, kaliope, gpoutney, Cronesense, JeffW, geez53, TomFromNJ, Gemina13, JamieG from Md, 57andFemale, ZedMont, slice, annieli, I love OCD, FarWestGirl, AnotherAmericanLie, BarackStarObama, pistolSO, a2nite, Arilca Mockingbird, aresea, starduster, Dodgerdog1, LilPeach
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Joan McCarter
- Early results in the marriage equality referendum indicate a very strong showing for the yes vote. It's looking like a celebratory mood is emerging already within the Irish gay community, although ...178 comments 176 Recs
- Let’s say that you are a bit older, overweight, out of shape, and making your only visit to Glacier National Park. Now this is a National Park filled with hiking trails and lots of young, ...15 comments 35 Recs
- Need a bit of inspiration this morning? I've got just the story for you. On Tuesday, two men showed up on a street corner in Tillamook, Oregon, with signs reading "Homo sex is sin" and "Jesus said ...119 comments 419 Recs
- DKos Radio's KITM podcast (AUDIO): Greg & Joan blast 'bad intel' BS; TPP shell game targets MedicareWe kicked off with a recap of the ...1 comments 4 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 288 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...82 comments 255 Recs
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie takes on civil liberties, domestic espionage, and ...106 comments 47 Recs
- (Click to enlarge) Follow Jen on Twitter at @...81 comments 95 Recs
- Seeking to avoid the multi-day saga that Jeb Bush endured ...145 comments 154 Recs
- Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island gave his 20-minute pilot floor speech on climate change in October 2011. But he began his weekly series with a climate change speech in April 2012. Since ...30 comments 81 Recs
Joan McCarter's Tags
- No current results.
Joan McCarter's Blogroll
- No current results.