- Today's comic by Mark Fiore is America's Bestest Idea:
- What's coming up on Sunday Kos ...
- The country doesn't like Republicans? Well, Republicans don't like the country either, by Dante Atkins
- Anti-racism is not ‘anti-white’, no matter what Republicans say, by Denise Oliver Velez
- For Obama to claim some credibility on the NSA spying scandal, Alexander and Clapper must go, by Laurence Lewis
- Obama has done nothing to address income inequality. Right, by Ian Reifowitz
- Makers Versus Takers, We Must Get The Narrative Right, by Egberto Willies
- No water, no life, by VL Baker
- Our networks don't always work so well, by DarkSyde
- If you're a voter in Philadelphia, please get out and vote next Tuesday:
There is an election this Tuesday, Nov. 5. You might not know about it: no candidates for president, mayor, or even councilperson or state representative, on the ballot.
Here's a reason to vote: Judge Teresa Deni, who in 2007 ruled that a prostitute could not have been raped, is up for a "retention" election.
In 2007, the incident sparked national outrage. Six years later, most people have forgotten.
- In case you missed it:
- From TWiB:
Sen. Ted Cruz continues to be a problem. This week he decided to pontificate at the Senate hearing on the usefulness of Stand Your Ground laws for Black people while standing in front of Black families whose children are dead. Sure, Stand Your Ground is being used as a defense for one killer and mentioned in the jury instructions for another, but don't worry, Black people, Stand Your Ground benefits you, too!
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Kos nailed it on Huntsman a year ago! Greg Dworkin brought us a great Friday roundup: amazing Q&A from an AL Gop primary, a bonkers Hallmark move to take "gay" out of "Deck the Halls" & ACA "winners & losers." More crazy? How about a teen shot for TP-ing a house? Mysterious "Google barges." Fournier sees Rs 2x as unpopular as Obama, so they're both the same. Grassley makes his amendment look even dumber. Plus, Rs who voted in favor of allowing the debt ceiling hike, then voted to disapprove of their own votes. And out of a TN courtroom, the gov't (i.e., prosecutors) formally object to being called "the government."
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Bill in Portland Maine, Powered Grace, greenbird, eeff, gpoutney, annieli, aresea, howabout, Crabb90
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- This morning it was announced that John Nash, famed mathemtician was killed on the New Jersey turnpike in a tragic car crash that claimed his life and that of his wife. John Forbes Nash Jr., the ...62 comments 257 Recs
- The Kansas Community of Pratt was rocked this afternoon with a 4.6 Earthquake. The earthquake, located about 89 miles west of Wichita and close to nearby Pratt is neither the first or largest ...81 comments 153 Recs
- Gorgeous, in all ways. Old school craftsmanship meets vintage rock and roll in the video age. The result? Oddly amazing and perfect:24 comments 40 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 290 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...93 comments 265 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...558 comments 677 Recs
- Let's play the name game... . . . Ok....ok...maybe not. :) But there are some interesting handles on here, and I've often wondered where they come from, so now is your chance to share, if you ...298 comments 53 Recs
- We've had a good run. We've been together 21 years, 7 of them legally wed. But this is all about to crash and burn around our ears thanks to 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell of Auburn Nebraska. ...701 comments 448 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...132 comments 136 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...16 comments 63 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.