In this older, little known YouTube clip, Rush Limbaugh reveals how he has been successfully deceiving his self-proclaimed ‘Dittohead’ audiences for over two decades. While smiling and pumping up his chest, Limbaugh boasts:"We have people on the radio/TV that we all know, you can go down the list... People who are there for one reason only, and that's to make you mad. And the formula for making you, the listener, mad hasn't changed a bit. Yet people keep falling for it. It amazes me. A lot of people. I have found, anytime you express an opinion, half the people that hear it are going to disagree with you, on average.There you go. Rush Limbaugh has been generating hatred for 25 years. Through lies and manipulation, he promotes the degradation of women, people of color, lgbt, the poor, immigrants, children, vets, and the disabled. There seems to be no one out of bounds or out of reach. When he's not getting enough attention - when he's no longer making the news, that's when he goes for shock and makes disgusting misogynist remarks about women. And it works.
If you embellish the opinion with confidence and cockiness, then you're getting into generating hatred and so forth."
"If we are going to pay for your contraceptives and thus pay for you to have sex, we want something. We want you to post the videos online so we can all watch." ~Rush Limbaugh, during a three day, on air, verbal attack of then unknown laws student, Sandra Fluke. He also called her a 'slut' and a 'prostitute'. She was simply advocating for insurance covered birth control.Since the highly publicized Sandra Fluke bashing, the public has risen up in strong protest. There are multiple petitions and activist groups working against him. People no longer ignore him - hoping he'll go way. They are taking action with petitions, protests, and boycotts, specifically going after the advertising sponsors of his show. It's reported thousands of sponsors have exited after hearing from activists and everyday consumers.
Several groups on Facebook have been particularly proactive in their protest. Boycott Rush Limbaugh's Sponsors To Shut Him Down has over 75,000 followers to date. On their Facebook page you'll find daily posts of sponsors and radio stations which list contact links to make it easier for folks to send messages. They also post various news stories, sometimes with a bit of fun to offset Rush's agenda. This boycott group is clearly liberal, as their news-links and memes are pro-choice, pro-lgbt/equal marrage, pro-voting rights, pro-unions... pretty much everything Limbaugh is against.
Another Facebook group that has been very active is Join The Fight To Flush Rush. They are the volunteers who spend a lot of their time monitoring Rush Limbaugh radio stations nationwide, for sponsors. They document that information into the StopRush.net database and then they post the information to their group which gets distributed to other groups, and ultimately to the public. Once a sponsor pulls their ads from Limbaugh’s' show, the StopRush database reflects the change.
People are no longer throwing up their hands, rolling their eyes, and shaking their fists at Rush Limbaugh. They are taking action and thousands of sponsors have left his show. It's reported he is being funded by the likes of the Koch Brothers and the Tea Party, via FreedomWorks, so it's doubtful Limbaugh will break over lack of money - but he will fail at some point, and his fans will see him for the hateful party mouthpiece that he's always been. He will be off our public radio airwaves - and it will be a good day in America.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
cotterperson, Theodoric of York Medieval Liberal, TracieLynn, Eyesbright, NancyWH, hooper, karmsy, Matt Z, certainot, TrueBlueMountaineer, Throw The Bums Out, petral, MidwestTreeHugger, Heart n Mind, a2nite, Horace Boothroyd III, jan4insight, cuphalffull, George3, Another Grizzle
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Leslie Salzillo
- Terrible Presidential candidate Jeb Bush has had a very hard time distancing himself from his brother George Jr., the worst President in US history. Okay, maybe he is showing some of them ...29 comments 39 Recs
- The other day a guy tried to run me off the road. I was driving to work at around 70mph in heavy traffic. A large pickup passes me on the right, and then barrels into my lane with about 3 feet of ...71 comments 33 Recs
- A section of Refugio State Beach tainted by oil from burst pipe. Since 2006, the U.S. Pipeline and ...117 comments 146 Recs
- GOP 2016 hopefuls have decided it's all about the base on ...22 comments 23 Recs
- A portion of the 4-mile-wide oil spill near Santa Barbara, CA Campers at popular Refugio State Beach in California were alarmed by noxious fumes and notified authorities, who discovered ...101 comments 157 Recs
- I wanted to write about "Grace and Frankie" this week. The new series on Netflix stars Lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda as two 70-something wives whose husbands ...180 comments 88 Recs
- Quick heads-up to remind my fellow progressives to be a bit more cautious when sharing anti-Hillary memes on the Net. Karl Rove and the Koch brothers are busy trying to undermine our strongest ...421 comments 182 Recs
- I guess this is the kind of heart-warming bipartisanship President Obama has been hoping for after all these years of tooth-and-nail opposition from Republicans: WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Top ...100 comments 97 Recs
- Last Thursday (May 7) here at Daily Kos, I published the first public disclosure of a shocking collapse of the state's voter registration system here in North Carolina under Republican Gov. Pat ...143 comments 389 Recs
- I don't know about you, but I am tired of these videos popping up with actual, factual brutality and sometimes DEATH of the alledged suspect at the hands of the police. This video below, will just ...147 comments 285 Recs
Leslie Salzillo's Blogroll
- No current results.