You can click here to add your name:Millions of Americans working full time jobs have trouble making ends meet. Raising the minimum wage would help them – but it’s been frozen for four years.
A family of four that earns minimum wage lives below the poverty line. And in New Hampshire, nearly 70% of minimum and low wage workers are women. It’s unacceptable – no American working full time should have to worry about putting food on the table or decide between heat and gasoline.
A higher minimum wage would spur economic growth and lift millions of hardworking Americans out of poverty. We must do right by our workers.
There’s legislation in the Senate that would raise the minimum wage, but congressional Republicans are blocking it at every turn. Stand with my colleagues and me now in supporting a living wage for all American workers.
Click here to stand with my colleagues and me for a living wage for all American workers.
Raising the minimum wage is a common sense measure – it’s supported by 80% of Americans, and the 13,000 minimum wage workers in New Hampshire deserve better. To make it happen, we need Congress to hear our voices. Join me now in making sure all hardworking Americans are fairly compensated for their efforts.
Tell Congress: Raise the minimum wage!
Another Democratic Senator joining the call to raise the minimum wage:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Treatment over incarceration? Yes. Massachusetts has been fighting a growing wave of ...20 comments 64 Recs
- Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) is one of the more endangered Republicans up for re-election in 2016, which might have something to do with the fact that he'...4 comments 9 Recs
- I know that you’re well aware of the historic obstruction we’ve seen from the GOP on issues ranging from the budget to President Obama’s ability to negotiate treaties to an increase in the ...2 comments 8 Recs
- Let us open an account for you, or ten.43 comments 125 Recs
- Still not onboard with fast-tracking the Trans-Pacific Partnership Under the rubric of "prioritize jobs" Democratic Sens. Tammy Baldwin (WI), Sherrod Brown (OH), Al Franken (MN), ...27 comments 74 Recs
- No current results.