You can click here to donate to Tennant's campaign:I was the first ever woman to serve as West Virginia’s secretary of state, and it’s past time we made history again: We still haven’t sent a woman to the U.S. Senate!
In my friend Natalie Tennant, we’ve got a chance to make history by electing a true trailblazer.
I served as a Republican secretary of state and Natalie’s a Democrat, but we both have always shared a willingness to put party affiliation aside. West Virginia comes first.Natalie calls me a “mentor,” but the truth is, I look up to her, too. I will do whatever I can to elect her.
She needs 250 new donors by midnight to show she’s ready for the outside spenders pouring money into our state. I hope you’ll help.
Click here to donate $5, $20, $50 or more to help my friend Natalie. She’s what West Virginia needs.
This summer, Natalie and her family joined me in celebrating my 100th birthday. At my age, each new year is something to celebrate.
I wish you a happy, healthy 2014.
Helen F. Holt
First Female Secretary of State of West Virginia
The first female West Virginia Secretary of State is pushing to help make current West Virginia SoS become the first female U.S. Senator from the Mountain State:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...99 comments 34 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...137 comments 222 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren wants Hillary Clinton to say "no" to Fast ...7 comments 19 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...62 comments 53 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...284 comments 442 Recs
- (image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...172 comments 299 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...46 comments 59 Recs
- Matt Bevin has apparently won the Kentucky GOP nod for governor by 83 votes. We were expecting a tight GOP gubernatorial primary in Kentucky, but not this tight! With all precincts reporting, tea ...17 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.