Click here to learn more and show your support:One in ten public school students in America attends a public school right here in Texas. What we do here has an effect on education across the country -- and that gives us a special responsibility to be a model state when it comes to great schools.
I believe that great schools need great teachers.
That’s why I’m announcing my “Great Teachers: Great Texas” plan -- and I’m asking for YOUR support.
Click here to read more about “Great Teachers: Great Texas” and sign on to say you support it!
The six common-sense reforms I’m proposing would help to recruit, develop, and retain great educators -- making Texas a model for the rest of the country when it comes to supporting teachers.
I want to offer high school students at the top of their class a place at a Texas college and the chance to learn the craft of teaching -- and a guaranteed opportunity to put those skills to work in one of Texas’s public schools. I also want to make it easier for teachers to pay off their student debt and accumulate new skills through continuing education.
Meanwhile, I want to make sure that anyone who teaches our children can count on, at long last, being paid what they’re worth!
This is an ambitious and comprehensive plan to guarantee every child in Texas a great teacher -- and today, I’m asking you to support it.
Click here to read more and sign on!
Thanks for reading my plan to support teachers -- and thanks for adding your support to mine.
State Senator Wendy Davis (D. TX) is another gubernatorial candidate making education a top priority in her bid against Greg Abbott (R. TX) this year and she wants her supporters to learn more about her “Great Teachers: Great Texas" plan:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
cotterperson, tom 47, JLFinch, texasmom, ichibon, YucatanMan, anotherdemocrat, Wino, Lujane, suesue, divineorder, Amber6541, PeteInTx, Ojibwa, Vatexia, Mostel26, belinda ridgewood, libraboom, Ishmaelbychoice, old mule
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...99 comments 34 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...137 comments 222 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren wants Hillary Clinton to say "no" to Fast ...7 comments 19 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...62 comments 53 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...284 comments 442 Recs
- (image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...172 comments 299 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...46 comments 59 Recs
- Matt Bevin has apparently won the Kentucky GOP nod for governor by 83 votes. We were expecting a tight GOP gubernatorial primary in Kentucky, but not this tight! With all precincts reporting, tea ...17 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.