Click here to learn more and show your support:One in ten public school students in America attends a public school right here in Texas. What we do here has an effect on education across the country -- and that gives us a special responsibility to be a model state when it comes to great schools.
I believe that great schools need great teachers.
That’s why I’m announcing my “Great Teachers: Great Texas” plan -- and I’m asking for YOUR support.
Click here to read more about “Great Teachers: Great Texas” and sign on to say you support it!
The six common-sense reforms I’m proposing would help to recruit, develop, and retain great educators -- making Texas a model for the rest of the country when it comes to supporting teachers.
I want to offer high school students at the top of their class a place at a Texas college and the chance to learn the craft of teaching -- and a guaranteed opportunity to put those skills to work in one of Texas’s public schools. I also want to make it easier for teachers to pay off their student debt and accumulate new skills through continuing education.
Meanwhile, I want to make sure that anyone who teaches our children can count on, at long last, being paid what they’re worth!
This is an ambitious and comprehensive plan to guarantee every child in Texas a great teacher -- and today, I’m asking you to support it.
Click here to read more and sign on!
Thanks for reading my plan to support teachers -- and thanks for adding your support to mine.
State Senator Wendy Davis (D. TX) is another gubernatorial candidate making education a top priority in her bid against Greg Abbott (R. TX) this year and she wants her supporters to learn more about her “Great Teachers: Great Texas" plan:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
cotterperson, tom 47, JLFinch, texasmom, ichibon, YucatanMan, anotherdemocrat, Wino, Lujane, suesue, divineorder, Amber6541, PeteInTx, Ojibwa, Vatexia, Mostel26, belinda ridgewood, libraboom, Ishmaelbychoice, old mule
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich signed ...44 comments 43 Recs
- Yummy! Mmmm, mmmm! Nothing like a nice, cold glass of chemicals to wet your whistle: An analysis of ...31 comments 26 Recs
- Over the last decade, Pennsylvania has emerged as a powerhouse when it comes to drilling and pumping and making money off of natural gas— ...4 comments 8 Recs
- Republican gubernatorial candidate James Comer The May 19 Kentucky GOP gubernatorial primary may be one for the books. Last week, we learned that a blogger named Michael Adams was accusing state ...28 comments 22 Recs
- With currently a staggering 829 votes ... Bernie Sanders is expected to win the nomination 61.52% to 38.48% . ** http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2015/04/30/bernie-sanders-will-challenge-...444 comments 153 Recs
- Republican Sen. John McCain PPP surveys both the GOP primary and general elections in Arizona, and let's just say ...54 comments 37 Recs
- The Labor Department ...4 comments 9 Recs
- Minority Leader Harry Reid is promising to give ol' ...25 comments 36 Recs
- Democratic Rep. Patrick Murphy (at left) On Monday, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee offered its endorsement to Rep. Patrick Murphy in Florida's open-seat ...57 comments 4 Recs
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...24 comments 34 Recs
- No current results.