Next Tuseday, January 21, the Pima County Board of Supervisors will select a new AZ state senator to fill the District 2 vacancy . Demion Clinco is just the type of energetic , intelligent, committed representative Arizonans need. His name has been submitted. He's asking that people write/fax even email letters of support, details below the fold
From Demion Clinco
"Yesterday, the Precinct Committeemen and –women of Legislative District 2 voted on the candidates for the vacant State Senate seat. I was incredibly honored to be voted their number one choice. From the top three candidates, the Pima County Board of Supervisors will chose the new State Senator this coming Tuesday, January 21st.
I need your help.
Would you please consider writing a letter to the County Supervisors supporting my candidacy. Fax is the best medium for delivery, as email can be too easily ignored – but if fax is not available to you, please send email!
Here are the important points – please pick any or all that are most meaningful to you:
• I am the youngest nominee for this seat at 33 years old and bring an energetic and contemporary sensibility to this position. We need to keep young, energetic entrepreneurs and professionals in Southern Arizona.
• As an LGBT minority myself I have firsthand understanding of discrimination. I am deeply committed to issues affecting all minorities and women.
• I have spent my entire work life supporting southern Arizona .
• I am committed to social entrepreneurship and have worked tirelessly in the non profit sector, while also creating a successful for profit business of my own.
• I re established the stagnant Tucson Historic Preservation Foundation, and have tirelessly
led this organization for 5 years.
• I have successfully brought together people from across the political spectrum, to
collaborate on, and complete shared goals and projects.
• Without holding elective office, I have led successful changes in public policy in Tucson to improve the quality of life for all.
• I am personally committed to issues affecting women and minorities.
• I am completely committed to improving greatly the quality of education, including K 12, the Community College, the University systems, and essential special education programs.
Your letters are crucial in the nomination process. I ask that you write and send letters of support this weekend, because the decision will be made this coming Tuesday at mid day – the letters should be in the hands of the Pima County Board of Supervisors by Monday at the very latest.
With your help, I will represent you and District 2 in Phoenix with energy, integrity, and a total commitment to bringing the best ideas I can find to the governance of our State. Many thanks in advance for all your support.
Letter should be addressed to: The Pima County Board of Supervisors
Faxed to Clerk of the Board of at (520) 222-0448;
email: District1@pima.gov, District2@pima.gov, District3@pima.gov, District4@pima.gov, District5@pima.gov.
If you know the any of Supervisors personally please give them a call.