I recently had the privilege of speaking at the United Campus Workers Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration in Knoxville, TN. Check out my speech from the event now!
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by StewartAcuff
- The Voting Rights Act of 1965 was a major piece of legislation but it fell short because it concentrated on rights. The problem with a right is that it is really not that far from privilege. We ...106 comments 62 Recs
- 46 comments 40 Recs
- Will Pooley, the 29 year old British nurse who has survived ebola is on his way back to Sierra Leone to help fight the disease. He also traveled to the USA to donate blood to treat Dr Kent Brantly ...76 comments 79 Recs
- Right now, income inequality is the highest it’s been in our society since 1928. A lucky few in America make billions, while millions of others struggle just to get by. Nowhere is this gap more ...139 comments 487 Recs
- Here's a fact that will blow your mind. The $300 million the Kochs plan to spend in the 2014 election cycle could replace the annual income for 5,270 American households. And it's barely a drop in ...35 comments 56 Recs
- There is a movement afoot. There is a wonderful movement. This movement aims to organize, recognize and dignify workers in all fields, especially in fast food franchises and big box stores. I like ...12 comments 22 Recs
- An oldie but a goodie, here is a hilarious flashback to a 1981 news report on a handful of newspapers testing out the latest in technology, the Internet: Follow me below the fold fore another ...98 comments 44 Recs
- There was a sentence in a diary today: In the 50 years I've been on Earth, I've never once met a single man or boy who raped a woman. The diary, the diarist, really aren't important since this is ...462 comments 476 Recs
- Last night, I was watching Chris Matthews reporting on the results from the primary race for the U.S Senate in Kentucky. While I think Chris means well in his reporting on this important race, I am ...77 comments 114 Recs
- 34 @McDonalds workers of 101 arrested yet to be released for protesting at corp HQ today. #FastFoodGlobal pic.twitter.com/GSnIn6jzKU — Low Pay Is Not OK (@LowPayIsNotOK) May 21, ...81 comments 177 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.