Click here to add your name:Did you know that nearly 1.6 million Americans earn the federal minimum wage -- only $7.25 per hour?
That's just under $300 each week for folks to buy groceries for their families, heat their homes, buy clothes for their kids, and fill up their gas tanks. That's hardly enough to make ends meet.
Hard-working Americans across the country deserve the dignity of earning a living wage for putting in an honest day's work.
It's time for Congress to step up and give low income workers a raise. That's why I'm working with my colleagues in Congress to raise the federal minimum wage to $10.10 an hour.
Click here to add your name and demand Congress raise the minimum wage now!
Raising the minimum wage isn't just a moral issue -- it would also give a much-needed boost to our recovering economy. Study after study prove raising the minimum wage will create jobs, improve the workforce, and have a positive effect on the overall economy.
And it would would mean a pay increase for approximately 96,000 workers here in Maine.
Politicians talk a lot about the promise of the American Dream. For the low income Americans making minimum wage, let's help make that promise a reality.
Join me and urge Congress to raise the minimum wage. Click here now to add your name.
Thank you for standing with me to raise the minimum wage. Together, we can make sure Congress acts to help lift families out of poverty.
All the best,
Received this e-mail today from Congressman and gubernatorial candidate, Mike Michaud (D. ME), regarding the minimum wage:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Democratic Senators introduce legislation requiring police to report all deaths/shootings to the DOJThis is actually a big deal . It shouldn't be, but it's an important step in the right direction. It's impossible ...11 comments 29 Recs
- Congress is back from Memorial Day recess—and will vote very shortly on whether to pass fast-track legislation for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) ...4 comments 13 Recs
- Since Pope Francis came out last month telling Catholics that God will judge those who do not preserve the environemnt , it was a matter of time before the backlash from Republican aspirants became ...106 comments 66 Recs
- Fabulous, but still not running for president. Now is the time to talk about the Democratic presidential primary as it is, without all the what ifs. Well, it's been that time for a while, but ...119 comments 33 Recs
- Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet got some ...15 comments 6 Recs
- Under the First Amendment, you have the right to petition your government to redress your grievances. Now would be a good time to do that. Today. According to public reports, the 18 Democratic ...8 comments 50 Recs
- FTR, a 2007 Martin O'Malley and Harold Ford (!) column in defense of "the vital center" (and the DLC): Some liberals are so confident about Democratic prospects that they contend the centrism that ...10 comments 19 Recs
- Rep. John Delaney (D-Doofus) Holy crap this guy is a doofus.142 comments 90 Recs
- The gloves are off, the sides have been clearly drawn. It's the president, the Republican Party and business versus the people, workers, labor and most of the Democratic Party. And a top House ...95 comments 179 Recs
- No current results.