Skip to main content

Bruce Rauner, who has purchased 80% of all advertising time on every TV, cable, and radio outlet in Illinois since early December, (the other 20% involved original programming and could not be bought) has seen the tables turn on him. Here's the script of the latest ad to point out what a despicable, evil, greedy Son Of a Bitch he is:

Rauner’s company was accused of draining money from nursing homes, leaving seniors to suffer from malnutrition and dehydration.
Court after court ruled victims died from abuse and neglect.
Trust Bruce Rauner to be Governor?
His companies’ nursing homes made over a billion dollars.
…While seniors paid the ultimate price.
This ad is running in over 1000 places this week. It is safe to say that the anti-Rauner forces are having an impact.

FROM THE CHURCH OF INEFFABLE STUPIDITY:

Rauner's Vulture Capitalist Equity firm, GTCR earned more than a BILLION dollars, taking over nursing homes, severely cutting staff and services, and shorting i̶n̶m̶a̶t̶e̶s̶ patients on their meds, nursing visits, and more.

In mid-January, Rauner polled 18.8 % of the registered Republican respondents surveyed by automated phone calls on Jan. 11. Illinois Treasurer Rutherford followed with 9.5%; state Sen. Bill Brady had 8.4 %; and state Sen. Kirk Dillard trailed with 5.8 %.

The real winner a month ago was "Undecided" with 57.5 %

Since then, the gay attacks on Rutherford have taken off, and he has pulled all advertising from air and print. It is likely that he will withdraw by the end of this week.

Dillard is gaining, and Brady seems to be picking up the Rutherford dregs. But the real impact has been on Vulture Capitalist Rauner, whose popularity and support seems to have peaked.

The GOP Primary is March 18, so the knives will be zinging in the air, as all three remaining GOPers aim for their opponents' backs.

Poll

Who will win the GOP primary?

15%6 votes
0%0 votes
7%3 votes
7%3 votes
28%11 votes
15%6 votes
5%2 votes
2%1 votes
0%0 votes
0%0 votes
0%0 votes
7%3 votes
0%0 votes
2%1 votes
7%3 votes

| 39 votes | Vote | Results

EMAIL TO A FRIEND X
Your Email has been sent.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.

Add keywords that describe this diary. Separate multiple keywords with commas.
Tagging tips - Search For Tags - Browse For Tags

?

More Tagging tips:

A tag is a way to search for this diary. If someone is searching for "Barack Obama," is this a diary they'd be trying to find?

Use a person's full name, without any title. Senator Obama may become President Obama, and Michelle Obama might run for office.

If your diary covers an election or elected official, use election tags, which are generally the state abbreviation followed by the office. CA-01 is the first district House seat. CA-Sen covers both senate races. NY-GOV covers the New York governor's race.

Tags do not compound: that is, "education reform" is a completely different tag from "education". A tag like "reform" alone is probably not meaningful.

Consider if one or more of these tags fits your diary: Civil Rights, Community, Congress, Culture, Economy, Education, Elections, Energy, Environment, Health Care, International, Labor, Law, Media, Meta, National Security, Science, Transportation, or White House. If your diary is specific to a state, consider adding the state (California, Texas, etc). Keep in mind, though, that there are many wonderful and important diaries that don't fit in any of these tags. Don't worry if yours doesn't.

You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.

You must be a member of a group to use this feature.

Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
(The diary will be removed from the site and returned to your drafts for further editing.)
(The diary will be removed.)
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?

Comment Preferences

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site