Click here to add your name:Thom Tillis called the “proposal to raise the minimum wage to $10.10 a “dangerous idea” and suggested the federal government shouldn’t even set a minimum wage.” -- News-Record, 3/3/2014
My opponent thinks it’s a “dangerous idea” to give 28 million American workers a raise by increasing the federal minimum wage. He thinks it’s a “dangerous idea” to increase the paychecks of more than one million North Carolina workers who would benefit from a minimum wage increase.
Does that sound “dangerous” to you? Because to me, it sounds like an idea that would put money in the pockets of families and strengthen our communities.
Hardworking Americans making the federal minimum wage earn only $7.25 an hour. It’s far past time Washington gave minimum wage workers a raise.
Sign our petition today to support raising the federal minimum wage.
Whoever thinks that raising the minimum wage is a bad idea should spend some time talking with working families in communities across North Carolina.
Making ends meet on less than $16,000 a year is hard enough if you only have yourself to support. Yet nationwide, 25 percent of minimum wage workers have children that count on them.
Leaving the minimum wage stagnant is the only “dangerous idea” in this debate. If you put in a hard day’s work, you should take home a wage you can live on.
Past efforts to raise the minimum wage have been blocked by out-of-touch politicians in Washington. This time, we need a strong grassroots movement pushing for change. Add your voice to mine -- support raising the federal minimum wage today.
Thank you for all of your support -- not just for me, but also for the hardworking Americans in need of our help.
Received this e-mail from Senator Kay Hagan (D. NC) today:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
polecat, Aquarius40, cc, TomP, ZedMont, Intheknow, Vatexia, keepemhonest, We Won, UnionMade, TeamSarah4Choice
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...81 comments 34 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...134 comments 218 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren wants Hillary Clinton to say "no" to Fast ...7 comments 19 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...62 comments 53 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...273 comments 439 Recs
- (image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...169 comments 298 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...46 comments 58 Recs
- Matt Bevin has apparently won the Kentucky GOP nod for governor by 83 votes. We were expecting a tight GOP gubernatorial primary in Kentucky, but not this tight! With all precincts reporting, tea ...17 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.