ABC News got a sneak peak of the ad, titled “Absurd,” which will run for the next two weeks, and the campaign says it has an ad buy in the “upper five figures.”Once again, McConnell portrays himself as the victim, which is quite a stretch coming from the guy who had his campaign prepare opposition research on Ashley Judd in order to play a game of political Whac-a-Mole. Yeah, I'm sure everybody is feeling so sorry for him. But on the bright side there's this: In November, if things go right, Kentucky voters can finally put him out of his misery.
“Matt Bevin and out-of-state special interest groups are attacking Mitch McConnell,” the narrator says. “Nothing new. But can you believe them? PolitFact, a non-partisan fact-checker, says Bevin’s attacks on McConnell are quote ‘absurd … the claim is not only wrong, but ridiculous…’ Endquote.”
The one-minute ad then mentions Bevin’s resume exaggerations, first reported in The Hill last year, before going after the Senate Conservative Fund.
“Bevin’s allies at the so-called Senate Conservatives Fund are also attacking,” the narrator reads. “The media say their ads are quote ‘misleading’ and ‘erroneously cited.’”
Kentucky's GOP primary is in two months and while polls show Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell leading his primary challenger Matt Bevin by a wide margin, McConnell nonetheless is apparently concerned enough to run an ad attacking Bevin:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Heart of the Rockies, Zinman, wdrath, gpoutney, JeffW, bythesea, Gemina13, stevenaxelrod, slice, poopdogcomedy
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Jed Lewison
- After August's record-setting month, we got a bit of pullback in the numbers of uniques: September's 7.35 million unique visitors was over a ...45 comments 122 Recs
- Daily Kos was built on the notion that regular people were just as important in our political discourse as the so-called experts, that pundits didn't have a monopoly on wisdom, that power could be ...242 comments 500 Recs
- Food stamp enrollment numbers have been dropping from post-recession highs , as they were supposed to do all along. ...19 comments 46 Recs
- Following crazy record-setting months in June and July (I was on vacation in early August, so I didn't write that up), August has proven that Daily Kos is the place to be during heavy news periods. ...190 comments 238 Recs
- Yehuda Nir with his wife, Bonnie Maslin (click photo for larger version) Yehuda Nir died at the age of 84 on Saturday, peacefully and at home. He lived a remarkable life,150 comments 464 Recs
- I had said my piece , and I thought I was done. But there a couple of additional points I want to make, and then I"ll REALLY move on. 1. As a Latino, I do not feel safe in Arizona, a state that ...841 comments 546 Recs
- 95 comments 61 Recs
- Wish you were here. Do you remember Kentucky State Sen. Brandon Smith's (R-Again) explanation of why we needn't worry about climate change because "205 comments 199 Recs
- Summertime is generally quiet time for us, staff take vacations, tech can focus on forward-looking projects rather than scaling infrastructure, and we all get a mental break ahead of whatever ...353 comments 425 Recs
- The dev team is cranking hard to finish the next major revision of this site in time for the fall elections. At some point, we'll have an open beta so people can hunt down bugs and help us refine ...636 comments 267 Recs
Jed Lewison's Tags
- No current results.
Jed Lewison's Blogroll
- No current results.