Owner Lee Palmer told dispatchers the 4-year-old male cat "has a history of violence," and had scratched his 7-month old son in the forehead.You can listen to the emergency call here.
Palmer said he tried to get the cat off his son: "I kicked the cat in the rear, and it has gone over the edge. He's trying to attack us -- he's very hostile. He's at our door; he's charging us."
The dispatcher asked her supervisor if it was OK to send police on such an unusual call. It was. Meanwhile, on the 911 tape, the cat can be heard screaming in the background.
Soooo, this happened. Lee Palmer and his young family found themselves trapped in a bedroom after their house cat went into full attack mode. The 22-pound Himalayan swiped at a 7-month-old baby, the owner kicked him in the rear and that's when all hell broke loose. They escaped to a bedroom where they called 911 for help:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Jen Hayden
- The finances of the county, the city and the school district I live in are now entirely trapped in a fight for the last tax dollar many are able to part with over the rush to create a libertarian ...3 comments 14 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...130 comments 133 Recs
- For the last year, I and several others have covered the rise in seismicity in Oklahoma and Kansas . The earthquakes in these two states, coupled with earthquakes in Texas, Colorado, and Ohio, ...107 comments 190 Recs
- Likely Democratic gubernatorial nominee Chris Koster Potential candidates are constantly getting "mentioned" for higher office, but who's doing all that work? Why, the Great Mentioner, of course. ...12 comments 9 Recs
- In an act of partisanship not normally associated with the inner workings of the Department of Children & Family Services, Kansas DCF took to Facebook and Twitter to refute "The Left" who has ...34 comments 95 Recs
- (Click to enlarge) In the past year, we've seen a changing of the guard (or planned change) on The Tonight Show , NBC's Late Night , The Late Show with David Letterman, The Late Late Show with ...66 comments 78 Recs
- Ten years ago, I nearly lost my life when an RPG tore through the cockpit of my Black Hawk helicopter in Iraq. The only reason I made it home was because of the heroism of my courageous buddies ...134 comments 375 Recs
- Departing Senate Leader Harry Reid Despite spending the last few months saying he would run for re-election, Democratic Sen. Harry Reid announced on Friday that he would ...66 comments 32 Recs
- A most excellent front-page diary is viral-crawling its way across social media today: GOP congresswoman gets surprise on Facebook after asking constituents for Obamacare horror stories Rep. Cathy ...149 comments 399 Recs
Jen Hayden's Tags
- No current results.
Jen Hayden's Blogroll
- No current results.