Click here to add your name:The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), a trade agreement between the United States and 11 other countries, is probably one of the biggest issues facing our country’s economic growth that you’ve never heard of.
First, the TPP is being negotiated in secret – where only media and nearly 600 official corporate “trade advisers” are able to attend. In this scenario, it doesn’t take a genius to imagine who the winners will be when TPP’s closed doors finally open – and it’s not the American people.
It’s time to end the secrecy behind the TPP talks and allow Congress to step up to its responsibility and help lead the negotiations. If you agree, add your name alongside mine and demand that we end the secrecy now!
This trade deal is bad for the American worker. If enacted, this trade agreement could have disastrous effects on Minnesotans. For example, over 13,000 Minnesota workers have been displaced from the 1994 NAFTA agreement.
It’s imperative that the American worker has a voice in these negotiations and that the interests of the people are put before multinational corporations.
Stand up for the American worker and tell the trade negotiators that we deserve an open debate and a place at the negotiating table. Add your name now!
Received this e-mail today from Rep. Rick Nolan (D. MN-08) regarding the Trans Pacific-Partnership (TPP):
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...99 comments 34 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...137 comments 222 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren wants Hillary Clinton to say "no" to Fast ...7 comments 19 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...62 comments 53 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...282 comments 441 Recs
- (image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...172 comments 298 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...46 comments 59 Recs
- Matt Bevin has apparently won the Kentucky GOP nod for governor by 83 votes. We were expecting a tight GOP gubernatorial primary in Kentucky, but not this tight! With all precincts reporting, tea ...17 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.