Click here to add your name:The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), a trade agreement between the United States and 11 other countries, is probably one of the biggest issues facing our country’s economic growth that you’ve never heard of.
First, the TPP is being negotiated in secret – where only media and nearly 600 official corporate “trade advisers” are able to attend. In this scenario, it doesn’t take a genius to imagine who the winners will be when TPP’s closed doors finally open – and it’s not the American people.
It’s time to end the secrecy behind the TPP talks and allow Congress to step up to its responsibility and help lead the negotiations. If you agree, add your name alongside mine and demand that we end the secrecy now!
This trade deal is bad for the American worker. If enacted, this trade agreement could have disastrous effects on Minnesotans. For example, over 13,000 Minnesota workers have been displaced from the 1994 NAFTA agreement.
It’s imperative that the American worker has a voice in these negotiations and that the interests of the people are put before multinational corporations.
Stand up for the American worker and tell the trade negotiators that we deserve an open debate and a place at the negotiating table. Add your name now!
Received this e-mail today from Rep. Rick Nolan (D. MN-08) regarding the Trans Pacific-Partnership (TPP):
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich signed ...46 comments 46 Recs
- Yummy! Mmmm, mmmm! Nothing like a nice, cold glass of chemicals to wet your whistle: An analysis of ...31 comments 26 Recs
- Over the last decade, Pennsylvania has emerged as a powerhouse when it comes to drilling and pumping and making money off of natural gas— ...5 comments 9 Recs
- Republican gubernatorial candidate James Comer The May 19 Kentucky GOP gubernatorial primary may be one for the books. Last week, we learned that a blogger named Michael Adams was accusing state ...29 comments 22 Recs
- With currently a staggering 829 votes ... Bernie Sanders is expected to win the nomination 61.52% to 38.48% . ** http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2015/04/30/bernie-sanders-will-challenge-...495 comments 161 Recs
- Republican Sen. John McCain PPP surveys both the GOP primary and general elections in Arizona, and let's just say ...61 comments 39 Recs
- The Labor Department ...4 comments 10 Recs
- Minority Leader Harry Reid is promising to give ol' ...25 comments 36 Recs
- Democratic Rep. Patrick Murphy (at left) On Monday, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee offered its endorsement to Rep. Patrick Murphy in Florida's open-seat ...57 comments 4 Recs
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...24 comments 34 Recs
- No current results.