But Third Way’s attacks on me and my fellow progressives have never been about tolerance for disagreement—it’s always been about policy. And they’re losing the argument, now more than ever. Given America’s pressing economic problems, it is clear to the vast majority of Democrats that Wall Street isn’t part of the solution, it’s part of the problem. And a Democratic group that relentlessly promotes Wall Street’s agenda is as welcome among the progressive base as cholera.
Bennett and Kessler are right about one thing, however. The Democratic tent isn’t big enough for those who privilege the wants of Wall Street over the needs of working Americans. Read more: http://www.politico.com/...
The Third Way's pathetic attempt to game liberal capitalists by publishing their attack on kos in Politico is a cynical attempt by the GOP-funded media outlet to drive a wedge for the 2014-2016 cycles. Rehabilitating the DLC via Turd Way only gives the centrists in the Democratic party ammunition to demonize Progressives that ultimately fizzles because kos easily refuted their manipulation of facts and simultaneously respun the populist meme. Pyrrhic Victory, centrists, pound sand....
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Gooserock, Shockwave, TomP, JeffW, jarbyus, Betty Pinson, Eric Nelson, a2nite, JGibson, koosah, DemProgStrategist
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by annieli
- "Call me Caitlyn," the upcoming cover of Vanity Fair says, over a picture of the woman who became famous as Olympic champion Bruce Jenner and had more recently been prominent on reality television ...80 comments 34 Recs
- Jeb Bush, the 2016 GOP White House hopeful tells us, loves his brother. But judging by his recent statements, he apparently loves the idea of being president even more. Confronted by Dubya's ...8 comments 8 Recs
- Sometimes I weary of all the nice people around me. This probably makes me seem like the ultimate curmudgeon, but stay with me for a bit and I’ll explain what I mean. Good evening and welcome ...41 comments 21 Recs
- Amazon has launched a new documentary series about transgender and gender non-conforming people, called This is Me . This Is Me is an online series exploring contemporary issues faced by the trans ...1 comments 21 Recs
- Rep. John Delaney (D-Doofus) Holy crap this guy is a doofus.138 comments 85 Recs
- 2013 Daily Kos Republican March to Madness Tournament (98)
- 350.org (569)
- Abbreviated Pundit Round-up (2338)
- Anglican Kossacks (62)
- APA Kos (6)
- Art History (52)
- Asian American woman (1)
- Asian Americans (91)
- Asian Pacific Island women (1)
- Asian-Pacific Islanders (3)
- Asthma (165)
- Bill McKibben (607)
- Block Party (58)
- Books That Changed My Life (493)
- Boston Kossacks (41)
- Brothers and Sisters (440)
- Buddhism (466)
- Buddhists (19)
- California (16129)
- Cartoons (2811)