There's a lot of things to talk about in the Pacific NW right now, and the Seattle & Puget Sound Kossacks will be meeting this Saturday to discuss them:
- The tragic landslide in Oso, Wa
- The razor-thin Republican control of the State Senate that is up for grabs this fall
- Transit funding for busses and roads, on the ballot here in King County this spring
- Seahawks won the Superbowl. Yes, it's still true. It actually happened.
- Fighting for the minimum wage increase to $15/hr
- Dirty coal from Canada and the Rockies that they want to haul through our Washington State ports to export to energy hungry developing countries.
- The rainiest March on record for even our rainy region
- The Seattle & Puget Sound Kossacks organizer who is relocating to the Bay area later this year
- And many more...
Thanks to those who have RSVP'd for the event already. Please do so in the comments if you have not already. This is a casual event, stop by anytime between noon and 3pm for some beers, food or coffee. Please wear your orange proudly so we can find each other, and ask at the desk for the "democrats" group.
Just to refresh:
Saturday, April 5thNothing is scheduled at the Century Link: http://www.centurylinkfield.com/...
12:00 noon - 3:00 pm (stop by at your leisure)
1201 1st Ave South across from Mariners Stadium
Mariners are out of town: http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/...
Which means Pyramid Alehouse has free parking: http://www.pyramidbrew.com/...
Pyramid is on the corner across from the Mariners Stadium. Here's a handy guide how to get to the Mariners stadium from both roads and transit. http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/...
We hope to see you on Saturday. And yes, if you missed it above, it will be my second and last event as organizer for Seattle & Puget Sound Kossacks, since I will be relocating this summer to the SF Bay area. My man got his awesome residency in SF, and I have an itching to let the moss growing on my car and on my back to dry out for a few years. So off to the center of the software universe I go. John Crapper has generously offered to keep the ball rolling here, but we will be asking for reinforcements too.
So please join us for a beer or a bite.