Click here to add your name:A woman working full-time in the United States makes 77 cents for every dollar a man makes.
That's not fair or right -- and it's something our government can take steps toward fixing by passing laws like the Paycheck Fairness Act, the Lilly Ledbetter Act, and more.
Our governor could play a role in demanding that action from Congress -- but Rick Scott won't say whether he supports equal pay for women.Floridians deserve to know what he believes. Add your name to demand an answer from Scott on where he stands on equal pay.
I know where Charlie stands -- he's always been our advocate. He supports equal pay for equal work, and raising the minimum wage, which benefits women the most.
Does Rick Scott agree? Or does he stand with the extremists of his party, some of whom don't seem to think women are equal to men?
Scott's silence leave us wondering...
Sign your name to call on Scott to pick a side:
Deputy Campaign Manager
Charlie Crist for Governor
Received this e-mail today from Charlie Crist's (D. FL) gubernatorial campaign regarding Governor Rick Scott (R. FL) and equal pay:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
teacherken, jalbert, oceanview, Cedwyn, vcmvo2, OHdog, TomP, JamieG from Md, Amber6541, Polly Syllabic, appledown, Reinvented Daddy, Vatexia, FloridaSNMOM, howabout, trkingmomoe, BMScott
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Since Pope Francis came out last month telling Catholics that God will judge those who do not preserve the environemnt , it was a matter of time before the backlash from Republican aspirants became ...102 comments 66 Recs
- Fabulous, but still not running for president. Now is the time to talk about the Democratic presidential primary as it is, without all the what ifs. Well, it's been that time for a while, but ...118 comments 32 Recs
- Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet got some ...15 comments 6 Recs
- Under the First Amendment, you have the right to petition your government to redress your grievances. Now would be a good time to do that. Today. According to public reports, the 18 Democratic ...8 comments 50 Recs
- FTR, a 2007 Martin O'Malley and Harold Ford (!) column in defense of "the vital center" (and the DLC): Some liberals are so confident about Democratic prospects that they contend the centrism that ...10 comments 19 Recs
- Rep. John Delaney (D-Doofus) Holy crap this guy is a doofus.142 comments 90 Recs
- The gloves are off, the sides have been clearly drawn. It's the president, the Republican Party and business versus the people, workers, labor and most of the Democratic Party. And a top House ...93 comments 177 Recs
- Alaska sets new record for earliest day with temperatures in the 90s! Temperature in Alaska on the afternoon of May 23, 2015, based on data from NOAA's Real-time Mesoscale Unbelievable that ...133 comments 213 Recs
- No current results.