The news: By Zak Cheney-Rice March 13, 2014 The art of blaming poor people for their poverty is certainly nothing new. It has a long history that's often rooted in racism and the convenient denial of facts. This is especially true in the United States, where politicians have used this method to avoid responsibility for the problems they've helped create.
Paul Ryan: "We have got this tailspin of culture in our inner cities in particular of men not working, and just generations of men not even thinking about working, and not learning the value and the culture of work. So there's a real culture problem here that has to be dealt with."
"As someone who sits on the Budget Committee with Mr. Ryan, I know that his assertions about the racial dynamics of poverty are not only statistically inaccurate, but deeply offensive.
From This Site: http://www.policymic.com/...
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Meteor Blades, Sun Tzu, Kimball Cross, EdSF, Denise Oliver Velez, mookins, Yasuragi, ZedMont, RfrancisR, Pinto Pony, Homer177, Dodgerdog1
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by thinkingblue
- Two days ago, Michele Bachmann—once ...300 comments 423 Recs
- Not really. But If I were, this is the sign I would put in my door. "Dear Valued Patrons. Due to my sincerely held religious beliefs, and in light of the RFRA, recently signed by our Dear ...372 comments 740 Recs
- It is incredibly important that news headlines, pundits, bloggers, and activists are once again discussing heinous tortures perpetrated by our government—excused and explained away by the ...173 comments 208 Recs
- Last night, Bill Maher delivered a blistering final New Rule about what the matter with Kansas is. And finally, New Rule: scientists must conduct a study to determine which is easier to distract ��86 comments 192 Recs
- 32 comments 28 Recs
- Last night, Jon Stewart used Dick Cheney's own words against him as he now tries to attack Obama for seeming weak on what to do with the worsening situation in Iraq. By the way, Mr. Cheney there, ...27 comments 40 Recs
- Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council implied yesterday that pro-gay Christians are not 'real Christians' and are not protected by the First Amendment to the US Constitution as are ...80 comments 48 Recs
- Rep. Janice Hahn attended the annual non-partisan National Day of Prayer gathering on Capitol Hill yesterday, expecting a unified, peaceful event. But after listening to Dr. James Dobson from ...528 comments 672 Recs
- We have met the barbarian and he is us : The United Nations human rights office on Friday condemned the bungled and chaotic execution of an ...43 comments 74 Recs
- April 28 update: Heartland Institute APOLOGIZED, and took down the offending meme! Details here: Heartland Institute Backpedals on George Carlin Bastardized Quote-Meme ! = = = = = = = = = = = =217 comments 571 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.