Click here to add your name:It's impossible to climb into the middle class when it's a struggle just to put food on the table. All American families deserve a fair shot at the American dream, and our country is strongest when everyone that works hard has the opportunity to succeed.
That's why I'm teaming up with Sen. Cory Booker and Progressives United, to call on Congress to support the Minimum Wage Fairness Act that would raise the federal minimum wage. Click here to sign our petition.
If the minimum wage had kept pace with inflation over the past 40 years, today it would be $10.86 an hour. Instead, a mother working at a minimum wage job is only making $7.25 an hour. This hardship on working families is only worsened by the fact that two thirds of workers earning the minimum wage are women.
By giving 17 million hard-working Americans a raise to a more livable wage, the economy would grow by $22 billion and create about 85,000 new jobs.
Join us in calling on Congress to act now and pass the Minimum Wage Fairness Act. Our country’s hardworking families deserve a fair shot.
If you work, you shouldn’t live in poverty — simple as that. It’s time to raise the federal minimum wage.
Thanks for your support,
Received this e-mail from Senator Mark Udall (D. CO) today:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich signed ...46 comments 46 Recs
- Yummy! Mmmm, mmmm! Nothing like a nice, cold glass of chemicals to wet your whistle: An analysis of ...31 comments 26 Recs
- Over the last decade, Pennsylvania has emerged as a powerhouse when it comes to drilling and pumping and making money off of natural gas— ...5 comments 10 Recs
- Republican gubernatorial candidate James Comer The May 19 Kentucky GOP gubernatorial primary may be one for the books. Last week, we learned that a blogger named Michael Adams was accusing state ...29 comments 22 Recs
- With currently a staggering 829 votes ... Bernie Sanders is expected to win the nomination 61.52% to 38.48% . ** http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2015/04/30/bernie-sanders-will-challenge-...506 comments 162 Recs
- Republican Sen. John McCain PPP surveys both the GOP primary and general elections in Arizona, and let's just say ...64 comments 39 Recs
- The Labor Department ...4 comments 10 Recs
- Minority Leader Harry Reid is promising to give ol' ...25 comments 36 Recs
- Democratic Rep. Patrick Murphy (at left) On Monday, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee offered its endorsement to Rep. Patrick Murphy in Florida's open-seat ...57 comments 4 Recs
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...24 comments 34 Recs
- No current results.