Click here to add your name:Our phone’s been ringing all day with family calling to wish Janet a Happy Mother’s Day. She deserves it! I don’t know where we’d be without Janet and the love and support she provides each day.
Families throughout Montana and around the country are celebrating this same love and support today. But for too many mothers – and fathers – providing this love and support comes at far too high a cost. It’s time we give them a fair shake. Americans working full-time jobs should never have to choose between paying their bills and buying enough food to feed their families.
Yet millions of our neighbors are forced to make that decision each day. By raising the minimum wage, we could lift over four million people out of poverty, including more than 2.8 million single parents.
But Congress is standing in the way of giving Americans who live paycheck to paycheck the equal shot they deserve. They need to hear that we’re ready for a higher minimum wage now. Join me in calling on Congress to stop delaying and do what’s right for hardworking Americans: Raise the minimum wage!
Tell Congress: The time to raise the minimum wage is now!
When I’m visiting families across Montana, it’s tough to hear the stories from mothers and fathers who are doing their best but barely getting by. They’re working hard – sometimes at two or more jobs – but they’re still struggling to provide for their children.
There’s just no excuse for Congress to delay on raising the minimum wage, and I need you to help me get that message across. Congress must do its job and support hardworking Americans by raising the minimum wage now, and it’s your job to tell them that today.
My mother taught me to always stand up for what's right and fight for those who may not have a voice. Add your name to call on Congress to do what’s right for hardworking Americans and raise the minimum wage now!
Received this e-mail today from Senator John Walsh (D. MT):
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...23 comments 33 Recs
- [UPDATE] Thanks @HillaryClinton . Looking forward to debating the big issues: income inequality, climate change & getting big money out of politics. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 30, ...375 comments 277 Recs
- Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) ...77 comments 46 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Elise Stefanik On Tuesday, the DCCC launched a goofy little website targeting vulnerable House GOP freshmen, pairing them with pop songs from ostensible one-hit wonders (these guys are "one-term ...33 comments 15 Recs
- 356 comments 449 Recs
- Freddie Gray was killed by Baltimore's police. Baltimore's ghetto youthocracy responded with protests and an exhalation of random street violence. The killing of Freddie Gray, an unarmed black man ...222 comments 207 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...815 comments 536 Recs
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...15 comments 7 Recs
- How stupid is the right-wing media? Stupid enough ...45 comments 55 Recs
- No current results.