Click here to add your name:Did you hear what former Congressman Tom Tancredo told the Tea Party last week in Cañon City? Take a guess:
“The DREAM Act will be a nightmare for the American people.”
“If you want to keep your own language, stay where you are.”
“In his heart,” Barack Obama is “not an American.”
Time’s up. The answer is 2.
The other two statements? Those aren’t Tom Tancredo’s words – they’re Mike Coffman’s.As a candidate, Coffman vowed to continue his predecessor’s fight against immigration reform. He quickly made good on that threat.
In the past 12 months alone, Congressman Coffman has rejected proposals for comprehensive reform, called for an end to birthright citizenship, and voted twice to subject DREAMers to the threat of immediate deportation.
It’s no wonder Coffman introduced Tancredo at a Tea Party rally as his “hero.”
Congressman Coffman needs to decide whether he represents our interests or Tom Tancredo’s. He can’t do both.
Our district is home to people who come from 130 countries and speak 120 different languages. We ought to be celebrating our diversity, not disparaging it.
Will you join Andrew in calling on Congressman Coffman to renounce his support for Tom Tancredo?
Romanoff for Congress
Received this e-mail today from Andrew Romanoff's (D. CO-06) campaign:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...22 comments 33 Recs
- [UPDATE] Thanks @HillaryClinton . Looking forward to debating the big issues: income inequality, climate change & getting big money out of politics. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 30, ...372 comments 277 Recs
- Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) ...77 comments 46 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Elise Stefanik On Tuesday, the DCCC launched a goofy little website targeting vulnerable House GOP freshmen, pairing them with pop songs from ostensible one-hit wonders (these guys are "one-term ...33 comments 15 Recs
- 356 comments 449 Recs
- Freddie Gray was killed by Baltimore's police. Baltimore's ghetto youthocracy responded with protests and an exhalation of random street violence. The killing of Freddie Gray, an unarmed black man ...222 comments 206 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...815 comments 536 Recs
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...15 comments 7 Recs
- How stupid is the right-wing media? Stupid enough ...45 comments 55 Recs
- No current results.