Click here to add your name:Michigan has always had some of the brightest minds in the country driving its economy. And a higher education has been the ticket to the middle class for many Michiganders.
But a lot has changed since I was bussing tables to save for college. Now tuition costs and loan rates have soared so high that a higher education is just out of reach for too many Americans. This is unacceptable – plain and simple.
This is a crisis that affects students, their families, and the economy. If we’re serious about giving all Americans a fair shot at the American Dream, then we need to get serious about making higher education more affordable.
This month, I’m joining with colleagues to demand that Washington take action. Join us -- sign your name.
It has been shown, time and again, that more students pursuing higher education leads to better paying jobs and spurs economic growth. That’s why I’ve led efforts to reduce student loan rates and voted to protect Pell Grants. But today the fight continues.
Add your voice to our petition and tell Congress to take action on our country’s skyrocketing student loan debt.
Thank you for your help.
Received this e-mail today from Rep. Gary Peters' (D. MI) U.S. Senate campaign:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- The Democratic side of 2016's run for the presidency has ...33 comments 7 Recs
- Democratic senators introduce legislation requiring police to report all deaths/shootings to the DOJThis is actually a big deal . It shouldn't be, but it's an important step in the right direction. It's impossible ...26 comments 55 Recs
- Congress is back from Memorial Day recess—and will vote very shortly on whether to pass fast-track legislation for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) ...41 comments 46 Recs
- Since Pope Francis came out last month telling Catholics that God will judge those who do not preserve the environemnt , it was a matter of time before the backlash from Republican aspirants became ...111 comments 66 Recs
- Fabulous, but still not running for president. Now is the time to talk about the Democratic presidential primary as it is, without all the what ifs. Well, it's been that time for a while, but ...126 comments 33 Recs
- In which Bernie Sanders also answers the question about egads "socialism." This is five minutes worth watching--as millions did.206 comments 329 Recs
- Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet got some ...15 comments 7 Recs
- Under the First Amendment, you have the right to petition your government to redress your grievances. Now would be a good time to do that. Today. According to public reports, the 18 Democratic ...8 comments 50 Recs
- FTR, a 2007 Martin O'Malley and Harold Ford (!) column in defense of "the vital center" (and the DLC): Some liberals are so confident about Democratic prospects that they contend the centrism that ...10 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.