Click here to add your name:In school, if we got caught copying someone else's work, we got an "F" and faced expulsion. But under Governor LePage's administration, you're rewarded with a nearly $1 million contract.
That's right, we just got word that significant portions of the widely criticized "Alexander report" -- a partisan political document created by an out-of state consultant to justify Governor LePage’s continued refusal to expand healthcare to 70,000 uninsured Mainers -- were plagiarized, word for word.Not only did Governor LePage commission a partisan report to boost his re-election bid, he also wasted close to $1 million of Mainers hard-earned tax dollars. Now that's what we call a failing grade -- and we need your help in getting Mainer's money back.
Will you sign our petition calling on the Alexander Group to return the $925,000 back to Maine taxpayers?
The deeply flawed Alexander report is a prime example of government waste and demonstrates how poorly Governor LePage has managed Maine's finances over the last three and a half years.
When Mainers are choosing between heating oil and their prescription drugs, Governor LePage is handing out $1 million in taxpayer funds for a flawed report we now know was partially plagiarized.
This is simply unacceptable, and we believe Mainers should get their money back.
Sign our petition urging the Alexander Group to return $925,000 back to the State of Maine.
With your help, we'll hold Governor LePage and the Alexander Group accountable.
Thanks for all your help.
Received this e-mail today from Mike Michaud's (D. ME) gubernatorial campaign:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
jalbert, Illegitimi non carborundum, markdd, myboo, skohayes, Lujane, Louisiana 1976, ericlewis0, theKgirls, The grouch, BMScott
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...99 comments 34 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...137 comments 222 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren wants Hillary Clinton to say "no" to Fast ...7 comments 19 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...62 comments 53 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...283 comments 442 Recs
- (image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...172 comments 298 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...46 comments 59 Recs
- Matt Bevin has apparently won the Kentucky GOP nod for governor by 83 votes. We were expecting a tight GOP gubernatorial primary in Kentucky, but not this tight! With all precincts reporting, tea ...17 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.