- Today's comic by Mark Fiore is Antitrust Us!
- Join us today at 12:30 PM PT when Markos hosts another edition of Ask Me Anything (about Daily Kos).
- What's coming up on Sunday Kos ...
- Chickenhawks and cheapskates, by Jon Perr
- Are the Traditional Media oblivious to the mid-term narrative that is falling apart, by Egberto Willies
- Sorry, urban kids: Republicans are in charge here, by Dante Atkins
- Time to put the fear of prison into executives before they've decided to put profits over people, by Ian Reifowitz
- Secrets, AIDS, family, God, inequality and love, by Denise Oliver Velez
- Journalists for the suppression of journalism, by Armando
- Now the Republicans care about veterans..., by Mark E Andersen
- HIV vaccine's unintended consequence: Higher HIV infection rate: Some 30 clinical trials of HIV vaccines have not turned up any that have reduced the infection rate of the virus. But, a study published in Lancet, the British medical journal concluded that people given Merck Ad5 gag/pol/nef subtype B HIV-1 preventive had an increased chance of contracting HIV.
The researchers think that somehow the adenovirus that was used as a part of the vaccine somehow made those vaccinated less able to resist infection with HIV. The investigators propose some theories about why this is so, but they are only theories at this point. They feel strongly enough about it that they strongly recommend that this adenovirus not be used again in making any other HIV vaccines.
- Dang it. Christine O'Donnell says she won't run again. But we had so much fun when she ran for the Senate against Chris Coons. She apparently did not, and told the Wilmington News that she would "rather slam my hand in a car door" than run again. She also said, despite all the recent defeats, that the tea party has been a success.
- Check out how Canadian border security treated this environmental journalst.
- Robert Gates elected president of the Boy Scouts:
“The Boy Scouts of America had a profound influence on my childhood and helped form the foundation of my career in public service,” Mr. Gates said in a statement. “I’ve had tremendous opportunities in my life, but I can say without hesitation that my memories of scouting are every bit as vivid and meaningful as what came later. I believe every boy deserves an opportunity to experience what scouting offers.”Gates takes over at a time when the Scouts are embroiled in a fight with gay advocacy groups and many corporations, such as Disney, over their refusal to allow gays to be Scout leaders, although they now permit members of the organization to be gay, much to the consternation of some fundamentalists. Although Gates was coincidentally Secretary of Defense when the military ended its anti-gay Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy, nothing would indicate that he would be in the forefront of any move to change the BSA's stance on the matter for its leaders.
- Take a tour of the entirely legal hang-outs on the deep web:
BrightPlanet, a group that specializes in deep web intelligence, simply defines it as: “anything that a search engine can’t find.” That’s because search engines can only show you content that their systems have indexed; they use software called “crawlers” that try to find and index everything on the web by tracking all of the internet’s visible hyperlinks.
Inevitably, some of these routes are blocked.
- #TeamBlackness discussed Rick Perry's opposition to the Prison Rape Elimination Act, the racism of video games, why conservatives think women are being brainwashed into crying rape, and the further incompetence of the NYPD.
Subscribe on iTunes | Subscribe On Stitcher | Direct Download | RSS
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show: GunFAIL vs. CDC stats. Greg Dworkin, Armando on reparations, Abramson, Greenwald & more. Guns, yes; sex toys, no. More blowback on open carry. Drug cartel becomes lime cartel. Traffickers or private equity group? You decide!
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Bill in Portland Maine, Brecht, YucatanMan, gpoutney, justiceputnam, jnhobbs, JeffW, LinSea, catilinus, FogCityJohn, renzo capetti, ericlewis0, annieli, belinda ridgewood, John Crapper, aresea, The Marti, Cadillac64
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Meteor Blades
- Last week, I noted that the number of ACA exchange-based QHP selections has officially passed the 12 million mark nationally. I also mentioned that: Of course, when you throw in the missing tax ...8 comments 19 Recs
- This is a message to activists trying to fight the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP). Stop calling the TPP a "trade" agreement. TPP is a corporate/investor rights agreement, not a "trade" agreement. "...9 comments 37 Recs
- Come oh come ye tea-thirsty restless ones -- the kettle boils, bubbles and sings, musically. ~ Rabindranath ...71 comments 39 Recs
- Welcome! " The Evening Blues" is a casual community diary (published Monday - Friday, 8:00 PM Eastern) where we hang out, share and talk about news, music, photography and other things of ...50 comments 25 Recs
- Thoughts about Black Kos, (with a poll) Commentary by Black Kos Editor Denise Oliver-Velez After reading and responding to many of the detailed and thoughtful comments, in " How ...207 comments 67 Recs
- BURLINGTON, Vt. – Fox News Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders kicked off his longshot presidential campaign Tuesday with a pitch to liberals in the Democratic Party and others who want change from a "...41 comments 88 Recs
Meteor Blades's Tags
- Abortion (12406)
- Afghanistan (11508)
- Anti-War (1998)
- Antiwar (383)
- Bill Moyer (12)
- Climate Change (25059)
- Community (91327)
- Cranky Users (302)
- Daily Kos Photo Cooperative (16)
- DK4 (1686)
- Ecology (2398)
- Economy (56262)
- eKos (12467)
- Environment (46275)
- FNN&V (20)
- Gulf Watchers (1196)
- International (15115)
- Jobs (12482)
- Labor (28702)
- Libya (4270)