Click here to donate to CREDO Action so they can help defeat Tillis this November:North Carolina House Speaker Thom Tillis just lifted North Carolina’s moratorium on fracking by pushing through the worst pro-fracking bill ever passed by a state legislature.
Tillis is a Republican candidate for U.S. Senate, hoping to bring this extreme pro-fracking agenda to Washington, and take one of the 6 seats from Democrats that Republicans need to seize control of the Senate.
We can’t let that happen. Chip in $10.00 to defeat Thom Tillis and keep his pro-fracking Tea Party Republican agenda out of the Senate.
The fracking bill, which is expected to be signed by North Carolina’s governor and become law, is astounding. It lifts the state's moratorium on fracking, blocks local governments from protecting themselves against fracking, and makes it a crime to disclose the toxic chemicals used in fracking.
If Tillis and five other Republicans succeed in defeating their Democratic opponents, we will lose the firewall in the Senate that has kept Tillis’ brand of Tea Party Republican craziness confined to the House of Representatives. In the last four years, House Tea Party Republicans have made repeated attempts to approve the Keystone XL pipeline, voted over 100 times to undermine the Clean Air Act and attempted nearly 200 times to gut the EPA.
But if Republicans take over the Senate, that will be just the beginning -- and there will be nothing to stop every bill they pass from landing on President Obama’s desk.
Chip in $10.00 to defeat Thom Tillis and keep the Senate out of the hands of pro-fracking, climate denying Tea Party Republicans.
Thanks for fighting fracking.
Zack Malitz, CREDO SuperPAC
Received this e-mail today from CREDO Action regarding U.S. Senate candidate Thom Tillis (R. NC):
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Democratic senators introduce legislation requiring police to report all deaths/shootings to the DOJThis is actually a big deal . It shouldn't be, but it's an important step in the right direction. It's impossible ...25 comments 55 Recs
- Congress is back from Memorial Day recess—and will vote very shortly on whether to pass fast-track legislation for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) ...39 comments 40 Recs
- Since Pope Francis came out last month telling Catholics that God will judge those who do not preserve the environemnt , it was a matter of time before the backlash from Republican aspirants became ...111 comments 66 Recs
- Fabulous, but still not running for president. Now is the time to talk about the Democratic presidential primary as it is, without all the what ifs. Well, it's been that time for a while, but ...126 comments 33 Recs
- In which Bernie Sanders also answers the question about egads "socialism." This is five minutes worth watching--as millions did.206 comments 326 Recs
- Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet got some ...15 comments 7 Recs
- Under the First Amendment, you have the right to petition your government to redress your grievances. Now would be a good time to do that. Today. According to public reports, the 18 Democratic ...8 comments 50 Recs
- FTR, a 2007 Martin O'Malley and Harold Ford (!) column in defense of "the vital center" (and the DLC): Some liberals are so confident about Democratic prospects that they contend the centrism that ...10 comments 19 Recs
- Rep. John Delaney (D-Doofus) Holy crap this guy is a doofus.142 comments 91 Recs
- The gloves are off, the sides have been clearly drawn. It's the president, the Republican Party and business versus the people, workers, labor and most of the Democratic Party. And a top House ...95 comments 182 Recs
- No current results.