- Today's comic by Mark Fiore is Blasty the Drone, To Protect & Swerve:
- What's coming up on Sunday Kos ...
- Votes - paid for in blood, by Denise Oliver Velez
- Supreme Court cases I'd like to see, by Jon Perr
- SCOTUS sold your soul to the company store, by Mark E Andersen
- Daily Kos Elections Power Rankings: The Senate (Summer Edition), by Steve Singiser
- The privilege of normalcy, by Ian Reifowitz
- Primary-palooza: A look at 2014's remaining primary races, by Darth Jeff
- Obama to GOP: "I am the guy doing my job. You must be the other guy," by Egertbo Willies
- These Daily Kos community posts were the most shared on Facebook July 10:
Hobby Lobby long term goal: "Mandate" 4 Year Bible Curriculum - that HL writes - in Public Schools, by TeamSarah4Choice
A Picture truly is worth 1000 words, by jusjtim35
- Selective Service orders centenarians to sign up for the draft:
[T]he Selective Service System mistakenly sent notices to more than 14,000 Pennsylvania men born between 1893 and 1897, ordering them to register for the nation’s military draft and warning that failure to do so is “punishable by a fine and imprisonment.” [...]
Chuck Huey, 73, of Kingston, said he got a notice addressed to his late grandfather Bert Huey, a World War I veteran who was born in 1894 and died in 1995 at age 100.
- Number of full-time newspaper reporters covering statehouses has dropped from nearly 500 to 300 since 2003: One several reasons citizens have no clue what is going on in their legislatures.
- Here's the American Veterinary Medical Association's official cat and dog maps of the States.
- Spielberg blasted for killing triceratops after photo goes viral: Sometimes you gotta wonder about our education system. Not to mention the trigger-happiness of commenters on Facebook.
You, sir, should be ashamed of yourself.
- World Council of Churches says no to fossil fuels:
The World Council of [Churches], a global coalition of 345 churches [representing more than half a billion believers], made the decision to no longer fund oil, gas, or coal at its central committee meeting in Geneva, and recommended that its members do the same. “The committee discussed the ethical investment criteria, and considered that the list of sectors in which the WCC does not invest should be extended to include fossil fuels,” read the finance policy committee report. [...]
“The World Council of Churches reminds us that morality demands thinking as much about the future as about ourselves—and that there’s no threat to the future greater than the unchecked burning of fossil fuels,” Bill McKibben, the founder of 350.org, said in a statement. “This is a remarkable moment for the 590 million Christians in its member denominations: a huge percentage of humanity says today ‘this far and no further.’”
- Team Blackness also discussed the sizzling testimony of Tianna Gaines-Turner at the House Budget Committee's poverty hearings, how smoking pot on TV—even if it's legal—can cause you to lose your job, why paparazzi-stalking shouldn't be compared to rape, and why Breitbart thinks Muslims are sneaking over our border.
Subscribe on iTunes | Subscribe On Stitcher | Direct Download | RSS
- On today's Kagro in the Morning encore performance, the 7/15/13 episode. Greg Dworkin, Armando & Meteor Blades. "The Promise: The Families of Sandy Hook and the Long Road to Gun Safety." Aftermath of the Zimmerman trial. More "nuclear option" & Snowden/NSA.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
deben, mimi, eeff, navajo, aaraujo, cspivey, slampros, gpoutney, JVolvo, bkamr, JeffW, LinSea, maryabein, renzo capetti, wintergreen8694, ratcityreprobate, Eric Nelson, winglion, belinda ridgewood, aresea, kfunk937
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Meteor Blades
- Renewable energy has been making great strides the past few years, as the supply of photovoltaic solar cells has increased dramatically while the cost of those cells has also dropped considerably.61 comments 26 Recs
- 1. He'd be in the South Bronx, rural West Virginia and South Texas and every place like it. On foot. Every single day. Even in red states. NOT in Berkeley or Santa Fe or the Upper West Side. Or any ...108 comments 31 Recs
- Well, I thought that NPR might be the only media outlet to dare to do a fair job of reporting on Bernie Sanders and his candidacy. However, just this past Friday, I was driving and listening to 3 ...23 comments 19 Recs
- Afghan government and Taliban officials have been talking in Qatar. Neither side now denies that this talking is going on. Afghan government officials and Taliban militants began two days of ...8 comments 9 Recs
- Headlines like this really say it all: Republicans push Barack Obama to rally Democrats for TPP vote Yes, the same Party whose economic philosophy led to the meltdown of the economy in 2007-2008 ...62 comments 108 Recs
- A special election on May 19 will determine whether Susan Bonilla or Steve Glazer gets to be a California Senator representing the 7th Senate district. Susan came 2nd in the March 17th primary.6 comments 18 Recs
- Much of the focus on the Sunday Train is on electrification of transport, ranging from 2,000 mile hauls of electrified freight through to hopping on an e-bike to pick up some groceries. And spending ...10 comments 14 Recs
Meteor Blades's Tags
- Abortion (12310)
- Afghanistan (11497)
- Anti-War (1998)
- Antiwar (383)
- Bill Moyer (12)
- Climate Change (24702)
- Community (90348)
- Cranky Users (302)
- Daily Kos Photo Cooperative (16)
- DK4 (1686)
- Ecology (2376)
- Economy (55834)
- eKos (12437)
- Environment (45667)
- FNN&V (20)
- Gulf Watchers (1195)
- International (14708)
- Jobs (12413)
- Labor (28270)
- Libya (4265)