Click here to donate to Teachout's campaign:New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, one of the worst corporate Democrats in America, is caught up in an ethics scandal -- and now, a cover-up.
The U.S. Attorney is investigating witness tampering. Some are calling on Cuomo to resign.
Thankfully, Democrats have a second candidate on the primary ballot next month -- one of the most wonderful progressive thinkers, organizers, and advocates in America: Zephyr Teachout.Zephyr Teachout is a Fordham Law Professor who has actually written a book on corruption and government. She is one of us -- a progressive activist who organized for Howard Dean and trained other candidates from across the country on Wall Street reform and campaign finance reform issues.
Today, we're making a big decision to endorse Zephyr Teachout. Pundits will call it an uphill battle. It is... but it's also the right thing to do.
Will you join us? Donate $3 (proudly) to Zephyr Teachout's economic populist, anti-corruption campaign for New York Governor.
New York and national media will definitely be covering our endorsement. Your grassroots support today will be reflected in the news tomorrow -- and can help send a strong message to voters about this race.
Four years ago, Cuomo promised to clean up Albany and pass campaign finance reform. But instead, he obstructed his own ethics commission when it was investigating violations of campaign finance law.
If Zephyr Teachout is elected Governor, she will be a game changer -- and her victory in New York, center of the media universe, will have ripple effects across America.
Lawrence Lessig, the Harvard Law Professor who raised millions this year (with our help) to make campaign finance reform a 2014 election issue, has called Zephyr Teachout’s bid “the most important money-in-politics race of the year.”
This race is also a fight against corporate Democrats. Andrew Cuomo cut taxes for big corporations, refused to raise taxes on the rich, and hurt funding for public schools.
Zephyr Teachout has a big, bold economic vision, including busting monopolies. She was already getting big support -- and now she has real momentum as Cuomo faces this huge corruption scandal.
Please donate $3 to Zephyr Teachout's campaign for Governor.
This is a moment for bold progressives to stand up and be counted. Thanks so much.
-- Stephanie Taylor, PCCC co-founder
P.S. Check out these recent headlines:
Cuomo’s Office Hobbled Ethics Inquiries -- New York Times
Andrew Cuomo's $35M campaign account will pay criminal lawyer -- NY Daily News
US Attorney presses Cuomo on witness tampering -- USA Today
Andrew Cuomo’s Watergate? -- The Nation
Support Zephyr here.
Received this e-mail today from the Progressive Change Campaign Committee:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Angie in WA State, glitterscale, dfarrah, Andrew C White, Kalil, Ozymandius, jane123, peacestpete, Alan Arizona, gooderservice, deepeco, bobswern, cybrestrike, papahaha, chambord, George3, jbob, weck, Mannie
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Yummy! Mmmm, mmmm! Nothing like a nice, cold glass of chemicals to wet your whistle: An analysis of ...20 comments 22 Recs
- Over the last decade, Pennsylvania has emerged as a powerhouse when it comes to drilling and pumping and making money off of natural gas— ...1 comments 3 Recs
- Republican gubernatorial candidate James Comer The May 19 Kentucky GOP gubernatorial primary may be one for the books. Last week, we learned that a blogger named Michael Adams was accusing state ...11 comments 9 Recs
- With currently a staggering 829 votes ... Bernie Sanders is expected to win the nomination 61.52% to 38.48% . ** http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2015/04/30/bernie-sanders-will-challenge-...202 comments 99 Recs
- Republican Sen. John McCain PPP surveys both the GOP primary and general elections in Arizona, and let's just say ...39 comments 29 Recs
- The Labor Department ...3 comments 6 Recs
- Minority Leader Harry Reid is promising to give ol' ...23 comments 32 Recs
- Democratic Rep. Patrick Murphy (at left) On Monday, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee offered its endorsement to Rep. Patrick Murphy in Florida's open-seat ...57 comments 4 Recs
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...24 comments 34 Recs
- [UPDATE] Thanks @HillaryClinton . Looking forward to debating the big issues: income inequality, climate change & getting big money out of politics. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 30, ...376 comments 281 Recs
- No current results.