Click here to donate to Teachout's campaign:New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, one of the worst corporate Democrats in America, is caught up in an ethics scandal -- and now, a cover-up.
The U.S. Attorney is investigating witness tampering. Some are calling on Cuomo to resign.
Thankfully, Democrats have a second candidate on the primary ballot next month -- one of the most wonderful progressive thinkers, organizers, and advocates in America: Zephyr Teachout.Zephyr Teachout is a Fordham Law Professor who has actually written a book on corruption and government. She is one of us -- a progressive activist who organized for Howard Dean and trained other candidates from across the country on Wall Street reform and campaign finance reform issues.
Today, we're making a big decision to endorse Zephyr Teachout. Pundits will call it an uphill battle. It is... but it's also the right thing to do.
Will you join us? Donate $3 (proudly) to Zephyr Teachout's economic populist, anti-corruption campaign for New York Governor.
New York and national media will definitely be covering our endorsement. Your grassroots support today will be reflected in the news tomorrow -- and can help send a strong message to voters about this race.
Four years ago, Cuomo promised to clean up Albany and pass campaign finance reform. But instead, he obstructed his own ethics commission when it was investigating violations of campaign finance law.
If Zephyr Teachout is elected Governor, she will be a game changer -- and her victory in New York, center of the media universe, will have ripple effects across America.
Lawrence Lessig, the Harvard Law Professor who raised millions this year (with our help) to make campaign finance reform a 2014 election issue, has called Zephyr Teachout’s bid “the most important money-in-politics race of the year.”
This race is also a fight against corporate Democrats. Andrew Cuomo cut taxes for big corporations, refused to raise taxes on the rich, and hurt funding for public schools.
Zephyr Teachout has a big, bold economic vision, including busting monopolies. She was already getting big support -- and now she has real momentum as Cuomo faces this huge corruption scandal.
Please donate $3 to Zephyr Teachout's campaign for Governor.
This is a moment for bold progressives to stand up and be counted. Thanks so much.
-- Stephanie Taylor, PCCC co-founder
P.S. Check out these recent headlines:
Cuomo’s Office Hobbled Ethics Inquiries -- New York Times
Andrew Cuomo's $35M campaign account will pay criminal lawyer -- NY Daily News
US Attorney presses Cuomo on witness tampering -- USA Today
Andrew Cuomo’s Watergate? -- The Nation
Support Zephyr here.
Received this e-mail today from the Progressive Change Campaign Committee:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Angie in WA State, glitterscale, dfarrah, Andrew C White, Kalil, Ozymandius, jane123, peacestpete, Alan Arizona, gooderservice, deepeco, bobswern, cybrestrike, papahaha, chambord, George3, jbob, weck, Mannie
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...99 comments 34 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...137 comments 222 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren wants Hillary Clinton to say "no" to Fast ...7 comments 19 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...62 comments 53 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...284 comments 442 Recs
- (image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...172 comments 299 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...46 comments 59 Recs
- Matt Bevin has apparently won the Kentucky GOP nod for governor by 83 votes. We were expecting a tight GOP gubernatorial primary in Kentucky, but not this tight! With all precincts reporting, tea ...17 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.