Looking to make inroads with the rising number of Hispanic voters, conservative activists are offering English classes, health checkups and courses to help Spanish-speakers earn high school diplomas. Picking up part of the tab: Charles and David Koch.Because the Republicans are truly the "Big Tent Party", right?
The billionaire industrialists are working to patch a gaping hole in the GOP coalition that could spell a generation of irrelevance if Republicans cannot build some credibility with Hispanic voters, who typically shun the GOP. The fast-growing group could have tremendous sway in American politics for years to come. Party elders have acknowledged their struggles to win over Hispanic voters, who as recently as 2004 were roughly split in party preference.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by fwcetus
- I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I call myself that in order to distinguish myself from the dominant strain of North American Christianity. At the risk of sounding arrogant and judgmental, I am ...138 comments 42 Recs
- In between the [http://thehill.com/policy/international/239332-clinton-supporter-benghazi-probe-a-political-exercise Benghazi] attacks/ hearings and the [Clinton Foundation http://www.nytimes.com/...66 comments 15 Recs
- Chris Cillizza : You might have heard that Rand Paul has officially entered the presidential race. "I have a vision for America," the GOP senator from Kentucky said, kicking off his campaign in ...115 comments 54 Recs
- "Do you think Rudy Giuliani has lost it? @PressSec: "I don't know" —101 comments 47 Recs
- Robert Carter III, you may ask? Who in the world was he and why should we care? Well, I’ll tell you why we should: February is black history month, the month in which we should all reflect on the ...20 comments 36 Recs
- Robert Carter III of Nomini Hall, Virginia Every time I have to hear yet another paean to the Founding Fathers, or see George Washington and Thomas Jefferson as graven images on Mount Rushmore, I ...783 comments 365 Recs
- As a public service to those who find themselves inextricably cornered by aggressively ill-informed Republicans at work, on the train or at family gatherings, presented here are ten indisputably ...197 comments 723 Recs
- Postal workers rally against ...87 comments 235 Recs
- Nearly a thousand people gathered to mourn Dr. Michael Davidson at a Wellesley temple Friday http://t.co/t7wFeoM0us http://t.co/...99 comments 49 Recs
- What does Jesus say about homosexuality? NOTHING! Nada. Zip. Not a word. That is right. Nowhere in the Bible is there record of a single word spoken by Jesus about homosexuality. In fact, out of ...64 comments 9 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.