PPP interviewed 726 likely voters on Augusts 12th and 13th. The poll’s margin of error is +/-3.6%. 47% of those surveyed were Republicans and 33% were Democrats. We'll have to see how this all goes. But if you want to donate and get involved with Weiland's campaign, you can do so here:Public Policy Polling’s newest South Dakota survey finds Mike Rounds continuing to show an inability to pull away in the Senate race. Rounds is at 39% to 31% for Democrat Rick Weiland, 16% for independent Larry Pressler, and 5% for independent Gordon Howie.
Key findings from the survey include:
-Weiland has the best net favorability of any of the candidates at +15 with 42% of voters rating him favorably to 27% with an unfavorable opinion. That represents a 10 point improvement for Weiland since our April poll. Pressler is actually the second most popular candidate in the race with a +9 favorability at 42/33, and despite leading Rounds has the worst favorability at -4 with 44% of voters seeing him positively but 48% giving him poor marks.
-Weiland is only 8 points out of the lead despite continuing to have the lowest name recognition of the candidates. He actually leads the race with 42% to 33% for Rounds among voters who are familiar enough with him to have an opinion. That bodes well for his prospects as he becomes better known over the last three months of the campaign.
-If Pressler’s support declines in the final stretch of the race, as tends to happen with independent candidates, Weiland stands to be the beneficiary. His favorability with Pressler supporters is a 40/20 spread, compared to 18/74 for Rounds. - PPP, 8/15/14
Maybe we shouldn't write this race off:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Odysseus, evcoren, willyr, quaoar, ammasdarling, RandomNonviolence, stevenaxelrod, meralda, Vatexia, RLMiller, George3, Drocedus, RepresentUsPlease
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...99 comments 34 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...137 comments 222 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren wants Hillary Clinton to say "no" to Fast ...7 comments 19 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...62 comments 53 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...284 comments 442 Recs
- (image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...172 comments 299 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...46 comments 59 Recs
- Matt Bevin has apparently won the Kentucky GOP nod for governor by 83 votes. We were expecting a tight GOP gubernatorial primary in Kentucky, but not this tight! With all precincts reporting, tea ...17 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.