Democrats must campaign on that clear choice.
To those who want "plan," the answer is clear: we need to gather all the facts and examine them at the right time before we can put forth a plan.
Now is NOT the time to formulate a plan: nothing the Democrats propose will be put into place because they are in the minority. Not only that: a plan in July may not fit the situation in January, 2007.
Democrats must campaign on this pledge:
If Democrats are given the majority in one or both houses of Congress:
- Democrats pledge to hold hearings and gather the facts on what the REAL situation is on the ground.
- Democrats pledge to debate ALL possible solutions and outcomes.
- Democrats pledge to listen to ALL the voices.
- Democrats pledge to keep and open mind.
- Democrats pledge to craft an exit strategy that will serve the best interests of the US and its allies.
The majority of the pulbic wants an exit strategy. The Democrats must campaign as the party that will end the war in a way that protects US interests at home and abroad.