The whole disgusting Schavio event has pissed me off...not that the Repubs don't piss me off almost constantly, but this is particularly bad. They are, in essence, parading Terri's dead body around the nation for their own political gain. It is as if those of us opposed to the Iraq war dug up the graves of dead soldiers and paraded them around to try to end the war.
This is part of their holier-than-thou campaign and it has to stop. What should we do? Get busy!
We all know that one of the main reasons for the whole Schavio display is to distract America from the Repub's own immorality. Let's not let them get away with it. Let's put some real effort over the next week to get momentum for DeLay's resignation for ethics violations. Whether we win or not, we have to get the name of Tom DeLay constantly associated with the phrase "ethics violations."
First, read up on what little Tommy DeLay has been up to:
Then start lobbying your Rep. demanding DeLay resigns. The easy way to do this is:
But even better than this, contact your Reps office directly by looking him or her up on:
Then focus on the ethics committee. Let them know you are sick of DeLay's scandals and you want him out:
Here are the 10 ethics committee members you need to call:
* Chairman Doc Hastings (R-WA): 202-225-5816
* Rep. Judy Biggert (R-IL): 202-225-3515
* Rep. Lamar Smith (R-TX): 202-225-4236
* Rep. Melissa Hart (R-PA): 202-225-2565
* Rep. Tom Cole (R-OK): 202-225-6165
* Rep. Alan B. Mollohan (D-WV): 202-225-4172 (Ranking Minority Member)
* Rep. Stephanie Tubbs Jones (D-OH): 202-225-7032
* Rep. Gene Green (D-TX): 202-225-1688
* Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA): 202-225-1766
* Rep. Michael F. Doyle (D-PA): 202-225-2135
Or go here for more info on the ethics committee:
Then hit the issue in your local media. Get writing letters and calling talk shows demanding that DeLay resign:
They are working hard to make themselves look like the squeaky clean party of saints. We have to work harder to show America what they really are like. Don't let up on this guy. If we can take him out, it will take the wind out of their sails (for now) on this whole morality thing. Then we will have to pick our next target!