Land 'O Lakes, Florida -- The stories in the news about inappropriate relationships between teachers and students have been overwhelming. There was even a substitute teacher in New Port Richey who got in trouble after investigators say she had a relationship with an underage student.
Well, another Pasco County substitute teacher's job is on the line, but this time it's because of a magic trick.
The charge from the school district — Wizardry!
Substitute teacher Jim Piculas does a 30-second magic trick where a toothpick disappears then reappears.
full story here
Now with a poll.
- I just checked the date again and it does say the year is 2008 - not 1608. We obviously don't have the full story on this yet. Can't wait to find out how a school (or anyone else) can fire someone for "wizardry" in this day and age.
- This is pure and simply 100% USDA Grade Bullshit!. Things like this are why I don't see religion having a place in schools or in the government. And before anyone gets on my case about that comment (someone probably will), you can't honestly sit there and say anyone but some superstitious religious zealot would have a problem with somebody making a toothpick disappear.
- Anyways, I wonder if he knows the one about pulling a lawyer out of his hat?
- Here's another reason i believe he was fired. The Principal probably thought the guy was a real wizard. You know how impossible making a toothpick disappear is. It's like making a coin appear behind someone's ear. Anyone capable of these tricks might be able to trick a young child into selling his soul to get his nose back!!!
- I wonder if the local authorities will do the right thing now and burn this man at the stake? It's the goddy god godderson's godly way of doing god's things the godly way god would do it, god dang it.
- I'll lick my own foot if it turns out it wasn't some whack job uneducated Christian complaining about the toothpick trick who got this famous wizard in so much trouble. Don't give me that "not all Christians are like that" speech because I never said they were. It's only the whack job uneducated ones who are spending too much time talking and not enough time learning in this country that are causing these problems.
- Hopefully Hogwarts has an opening for the man. He should get in touch with J.K. Rowling.
- I jest, but a man's livelihood and reputation are at stake here.
Look at this evil wizard bastard with his toothpick of DOOM, he was probably trying to make the reporter burst into flames throughout the interview. LOL
Principal: Dave Estabrook
I'm calling for all out bombardment of these people. Through the email and phone.