Richard Shelby -- the top Republican on the Senate Banking Committee -- takes a trip through wingnuttia on Fox News, urged on by Chris Wallace who set Shelby up to talk about "socialism" and Obama with the not-so-freudian slip "Government Motors."
Among Shelby's gems:
- The Obama administration is "obviously" turning America into a socialist nation.
- "No doubt we're going to government intervention everywhere, government ownership."
- It all started when Obama bailed out the banks last fall. (Yes, that was when Obama was a candidate and Bush was president, a fact Shelby later acknowledged.)
- Obama is "destroying the best health care system the world has ever known" by creating an alternative to private health insurance companies.
- Obama will "destroy the marketplace for health care" and the "American people better be careful in what they want."
Comments are closed on this story.