Ya know, if that's all Mitch said, "We shouldn't be punishing job creators" I'd have to say, "Spot on Mitch - the Top 99% Consumer, who is the largest job creator in the country, has been punished long enough ... 10 LONG YEARS.
Unfortunately that's not all Mitch said. In scorn of the Democrat proposal to raise taxes a little bit, 2.1% on multi-millionaires (Top 0.2%) Mitch's full quote was:
"We just think we shouldn't be punishing job creators to pay for it. The Democrats can say they just want some people to pay a little bit more to cover this or that dubious proposal. Think about that. The Democrats' response to the jobs crisis we're in right now is to raise taxes on those who create jobs. This isn't just counterproductive. It's absurd."
~Mitch McConnell, November 30, 2011
Sorry Mitch, you got that ass-backwards. The Top 0.2% ONLY became, and are, the Top 0.2% because the other Top 99.8% Consumer buy their goods and services.
So, Mitch, allow me to educate you - the Consumer is the ONLY job creator and when you, and the rest of Congress, pass laws that allow for more money to go in the pocket of the Top 99.8% Consumer - then we will have job creation in this country.
Job Creators - It's the Consumer Stupid.
What a ruse - the GOP have used and abused those Frank Luntz BS Lines for 10 long years:
"Job-killing ... "
"Don't punish job creators"
"Taxing Multi-millionaires is punishing hard workers and they're the job creators"
~GOP Paid Propagandist Frank Luntz - Lying Words to Con
What a joke and conjob on the "People" from GOP paid propagandist, Frank Luntz.
I mean face it, we all know that if the Top 1% or Top 0.2% were the largest job creators then the 10 years of Tax Cuts they've gotten would have created a ga-zillion jobs and we would not have 9% unemployment.
We all know, the Bush Tax Cuts have cost the "People" almost $3 Trillion in LOST Revenue.
And the reality is, the Top 99%, who are the largest job creators, have not been able to create jobs because they (Top 99%) have been hit the hardest in the last 10 years due to Bush Tax Cuts trying to pay for:
- Two wars
- $92 Billion Annual Corporate Subsidies
- $7.7 Trillion Dollars secretly given to Big Bankers in 2007-2008 the US Taxpayer is ultimately on the hook for.
The bottom line is:
Job Creators - It's the Consumer Stupid
Democrat Plan to 'pay for' the Payroll Tax Cut by raising the Top 0.2% taxes a little bit, 2.1% is a:
win - win - win.
- Top 99.8% will have more money to spend - WIN
- Top 0.2% will still have plenty of money to spend - WIN
- US Economy benefits as more spending keeps more Top 0.2% shops open - WIN
Unfortunately, the many in Congress ARE the Top 0.2% (multi-millionaires) and the greedy ones do not want to raise their own taxes even the teeniest, tiniest bit, 2.1%.
Now, remember, Mitch McConnell net worth is $9.8 Million which puts Mitch in the Top 0.2% Bracket. Here's "Top 0.2% McConnell Plan" on how to keep himself from paying a little bit more, 2.1%, in taxes and 'pay for' the payroll tax cut:
The "Top 0.2% McConnell Plan":
1) Extend pay freeze for federal workers - (LOSE Consumers)
2) Eliminating 200,000 Federal Worker's jobs - (LOSE Consumers)
3) Making Millionaires/Billionaires ineligible for Food Stamps - (intellectually dishonest)
4) Making Millionaires/Billionaires ineligible for unemployment benefits-(BS)
Thus, "Top 0.2% McConnell's Plan" is a: Lose, Lose, Dishonest, BS
Ok, #1 & #2 on the list loses consumers and thus causes job LOSS.
#3 on the list is intellectually dishonest and #4 on the list is stupid because if a person pays into unemployment benefits as workers, then they should be able to file for unemployment benefits.
Oh, well, the "Top 0.2% McConnell Plan" is, as they would say, a JOB-KILLING proposal
In short, the "Top 0.2% McConnell Plan" CUTS CONSUMERISM by
REDUCING the number of Consumers which causes jobs lost.
The Consumer is the ONLY job creator.
Without the Top 99% Consumers, there would be NO Top 1%.
Top 99% have always been the largest job creators in the United States via Consumerism.
So, I agree - "We shouldn't punish the job creators ..." who are the Top 99%
Job Creators - It's the Consumer Stupid
Comments are closed on this story.