This really isn't much of a diary but last week Nancy Pelosi responded to one of my comments (see below). The below to me is an example of the type of ad I was thinking the democratic party should be running. My belief is the republicans have not been held accountable for votes & positions. I'm not sure why this isn't a national ad buy. It could really apply to all republicans since this really is the party platform.
Please please please do a national ad buy (14+ / 0-)
showcasing the extreme positions of the House Republicans (republicans in general)
1. Mike Pence - De-fund Planned parenthood, wants to make abortions illegal even in cases of rape and incest.
2. Tod Akins - thinks there is a thing called legitimate rape
3. Terry England - compares women to cows & pigs
4. Virginia Governor/Republicans - passing laws requiring unnecessary vaginal probes before an abortion
5. House Republicans - not allowing women/Sandra Fluke to testify during a House Oversight Committee meeting
6. Richard Mourdok - Rape is God's Will (really really)
I mean I could go on and on and on.
by shevas01 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 at 03:16:40 PM CDT
[ Reply to This ]
Women have a great deal at risk (48+ / 0-)
in this election because clearly Republicans do not trust the judgment of women when it comes to their reproductive health. In addition to the extreme statements that have been made recently, I would remind you that Gov. Romney had supported the personhood amendment in Mississippi, so extreme that it was rejected by the people in Mississippi. And Paul Ryan has been a co-sponsor of many of the extreme positions espoused by House Republican candidates.
It is a priority issue for us. Emily’s List, Planned Parenthood, and House Democrats have all been engaged in advertising in this issue.
by House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi on Wed Oct 24, 2012 at 03:27:48 PM CDT
[ Parent | Reply to This ]
Well a Democratic Superpac is doing just the kind of ad I was referring. Right now this is only a web ad. I'm curious why this is not an ad being played at least in Virginia where you have trans-vaginal bob as governor. Thoughts????