You think this is a boondoggle? You ain't seen nothin' yet.
It's gonna cost a pretty penny, but apparently somewhere around
of GOP voters are eager to shell out $166 billion to implement Donald Trump's fool proof anti-immigration proposal
Here's Politico's analysis of the price tag for each of Trump's immigration policies, via Seung Min Kim.
• Mass deportation: $141.3 billion
• Triple the number of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers: $8.4 billion per year
• Building the wall: At least $5.1 billion (not including yearly maintenance)
• Nationwide E-Verify system: $2.15 billion
• Visa-tracking system: $7 billion
• Mandatory detention: $1.7 billion
Of course, none of this even begins to estimate how much of a drag it would be on the U.S. economy to suddenly stem the flow of immigrants (i.e. incoming labor). Just ask Alabama
how well that worked out back in 2011.
But don't worry, Trump will be "the greatest jobs president that God has ever created." Why? 'Cuz he says so.
Comments are closed on this story.