I think the paragraph quoted above is quite a bombshell from Harry Reid that has the potential to swing the election massively away from Trump and through its effects on turnout can have down-ballot impact on House and Senate as well.
So I am a bit surprised it hasn’t got more traction at Kos.
Highlighting it here because
- It suggests there is specific information in FBI possession, not just vague innuendo and suspicion linking Trump to Putin.
- Since this specific information is at least several months old, it is more than likely that ongoing followups have added to that trove of information.
- Note a separate full sentence “There is no danger to American interests from releasing it”, further cementing the idea that the information is specific.
- If Reid has it, so do all the other Republican Senators and at least some House members, making them complicit in their endorsement of Trump. No longer can they hide behind the idea that they support him just as “the party nominee”.
- Everyone would recall FBI has specifically refused to comment or even confirm if they are even investigating Trump’s Russia connection. So the FBI double standard in keeping on going after Clinton is laid very bare and helps undermine the credibility and legitimacy of the entire Clinton Email scandal which has just been blown out of all reasonable proportion.
The full letter is here.