Remember when? Is this any way for anyone who wants world peace to talk?
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton warned Tehran on Tuesday that if she were president, the United States could "totally obliterate" Iran in retaliation for a nuclear strike against Israel…
"In the next 10 years, during which they might foolishly consider launching an attack on Israel, we would be able to totally obliterate them," she said.
- Doesn’t have a bomb
- Says it doesn’t want a bomb
- Even if it did have a bomb, which it has every right to have the same as any other regional superpower in the world, has not started a war in 900 years.
Or did Hillary’s “tough” meter kick in and tell her she needed to pose, Sarah Palin like, in her swimsuit and an AR-15?
A little bit of history, as long as we’re on the subject of Iran:
- It was the US that attacked Iran in 1953, the CIA to be exact, and overthrew a democratically elected president, Mohammed Mossadeq. For the next thirty years Iranians lived under our puppet the Shah who was one of the worst torturing monsters the world has ever seen, and that is saying something.
- The Iranian Revolution which overthrew the Shah was the equivalent, rightly and justly, of the Iranian Fourth of July Independence Day.
- Iran has never threatened to wipe Israel of the map, one of the many dishonest Israeli propaganda points repeated over and over. The translation is more akin to “regime change.”
Obliterate? Really? Every man, woman, and child? My my.
In other news, Hillary is losing New York to Trump, would be the first Democrat to lose the critical electoral votes to the Republicans since 1984. Bernie Sanders, on the other hand, beats Trump in the same head-to-head poll. So lo and behold, Democrats voting for a real Democrat, for once, might not only be the right thing, but the smart thing (“NY Newsday Confirms: A Vote for Hillary is a Vote for Trump.”)