Now that turncoat New Jersey Rep. Jeff Van Drew has officially left the Democratic Party and slunk into the slithering embrace of Donald Trump, the campaign arm of the House GOP has started treating 1984 like an instruction manual and gotten busy flushing all of the nasty things they’ve ever said about Van Drew down the memory hole.
But prophetic though Orwell was, he didn’t anticipate the Internet Archive, Google caches, and sweet, sweet screenshots. So no matter how hard the NRCC tries to scrub the slime mold out of its every nook and cranny, we’re here to preserve it. Just have a look at some of the insults these goons have fired at their new favorite congressman:
- "Here’s your weekly reminder that although Jeff Van Drew has gained headlines for blasting Democrats’ impeachment sham, he remains a huge supporter of the socialist policies that resulted in New Jersey Dems losing local races that make up NJ-02."
- "Van Drew will be forced to vote on Democrats’ impeach inquiry tomorrow and will be alienating either the battleground voters who oppose impeachment or his socialist base hellbent on removing President Trump for office."
- "Van Drew votes against President Trump 93.5% of the time. He stands in the way of moving the President’s agenda forward. Van Drew voted to create a pathway to citizenship for 2.5 million illegal immigrants …."
- "Stuck at the mercy of his deranged party, Jeff Van Drew was left with nothing but a lose-lose situation. Democrats’ efforts to remove President Trump from office will cost Van Drew his job."
- "Jeff Van Drew has a lengthy record of going all-in on abortion, withdrawing his sponsorship of a bill requiring parental notification for minors seeking abortions and receiving Planned Parenthood’s highest rating."
- "So either Van Drew is lying about not fundraising or lying on his disclosure form that the thousands of dollars he spent on a fundraising consultant and catered events wasn’t actually for fundraising…"
- "Congressman Van Drew has no power, no influence, and no impact over NJ Transit or federal officials to ensure the AC Rail Line gets turned back on …."
- "Having to own the socialist policies House Democrats have embraced is bad enough, but Jeff Van Drew’s reelection efforts got that much harder after his abysmal fundraising total. He should quit now and save himself the embarrassment."
So, Van Drew is a powerless baby-killing liar in thrall to demented socialists who loves open borders and hates Donald Trump. You can see why Republicans must be thrilled to have him in their caucus now!
But, believe it or not, there is one thing we do agree with the NRCC on: Van Drew really should quit now and save himself the embarrassment.
Want to help make that a reality? Donate $3 to the Democratic nominee fund to help flip Van Drew’s district back to blue!