i can say with 100 percent certainty that if I were to describe my personality it would most resemble a cat..,
Cats can be inquisitive, friendly, playful, active, loving and independent. Just remember who is boss; cats appreciate attention but only when they want it.
Researchers have studied cat behaviors.
The Australian study has uncovered 5 basic personality traits that cats have. As with the human personality traits, cats can fall anywhere along the scale from "very" to "not at all" on each of the following traits:
- Skittishness. This refers to how nervous or laid-back a cat is. Researchers feel that this trait equates with neuroticism in humans.
- Outgoingness. A cat may be friendly, curious, and active or "lazy" and uninterested in exploring new things. This trait is similar to extraversion in people.
- Dominance. This trait does not correlate with any of the human ones; it's the tendency for a cat to either bully other cats or submit to them.
- Spontaneity. This is the other trait that doesn't have an equal in human terms. It measures whether a cat is predictable or erratic in how he behaves.
- Friendliness. In humans, this would be termed "agreeableness," and it's a scale that measures whether a cat tends to be highly affectionate or prefers to be alone and tends to act grumpy.
Lets see…..I am highly neurotic...not at all extroverted….submissive…..very predictable in how I act and very agreeable and not grumpy.
i know that there are more pets than dogs or cats but if you’re interested in the differences between dog or cat people check this out.
Dog people were 11% more conscientious than cat people. What it means:
- Strong sense of duty
- Tend to be "planners"
I am none of these things… in fact I am the antithesis of these traits.
Cat people were 11% more likely to be open, according to the survey. Open people tend to be:
- Nontraditional thinkers
Pretty much all the above describe me, except for being artistic, I am always curious, thus being a scientist and also creative in ways you see things and thus am a non-traditional thinker.
According to the survey, if you're a dog person, you're 13% more likely to be agreeable than a cat person. Agreeable people tend to be:
OK, I admit I try to be most of the above. We can’t all be 100 percent cats or dogs….can we?
Cat people were 12% more neurotic than dog people. Neurotic people are:
- Easily stressed
i am big time all of these things… What, me Worry? Heck yes!
So yes, between a choice between cats and dogs I am very much more likely to be a cat.
What would you be, if you put your personality as an animal?