In the news today: While anti-vaccination shouters are getting all the press attention, vaccination requirements continue to be wildly successful. Yet more polling emphasizes the willingness of the pro-Trump Republican base to engage even in violence, rather than abide non-Republicans continuing to win elections. Another Trump-supported Republican candidate turns out to have a pattern of grotesque past behavior, keeping alive Trump's streak of finding and supporting only the worst possible people to ally himself with. How does he do it?
Here's some of what you may have missed:
• Vaccine mandates work: 99.9% of New York City police comply with vaccine requirement
• New polling shows how Trump's 2020 election lies radicalized GOP base, stoking support for violence
• During custody trial, Trump’s pick for Senate accused of brutalizing and abusing estranged wife
• Democrats settle on approach to Manchin, force him to vote yea or nay on Biden’s agenda
• Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, unscrupulous anti-vaxxer, hit with $48K in fines over mask rules
• The Language of the Night: The Plentiful House of Piranesi
• A run down of Japan's 2021 general elections
• Draft glossary of redistricting terminology
Also trending from the community:
• Ron DeSantis gets brutally owned by one of Florida's largest papers: "What a fraud. What a phony."
• Hidden History: The Bisbee Deportation of 1917